Shakiness??

D. Scott
on 12/16/12 12:56 pm
RNY with

So I am not diabetic but I have always had issues with getting shaky, faint, or dizzy if I am neglectful and eat too much sugar or skip meals. However I have been keeping my sugars incredibly low and my carbs under 50 per day and I still sometimes get shaky. Tonight for example I ate dinner (a small scrambled egg). Then I was hungry again in an hour so I had a small meatball with marinara (about 2oz total). Another hour or so later I was hungry and thought it couldn't possibly be real so I decided to try drinking water. I literally started shaking and feeling faint so I had half a hard boiled egg. Its starting to get better now but I don't get it. I did work hard today organizing my kitchen in addition to my usual exercise, would that mean I need to increase my calories? I just feel awful and it makes no sense considering I ate more then usual in the last couple of hours. Any thoughts?

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

mauigirl2
on 12/16/12 1:40 pm - kihei, HI

Did you drink enough and have you been drinking enough for the last few days?  That could be a problem.

Calking
on 12/16/12 1:45 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

How many calories are you getting?  Also it could be low blood sugar or even low blood pressure.  Most on here seem to have a calorie count of about 600 to 800 per day on the loosing part of this.  Also most seem to go for about 40 grams or less of carbs.  It seems to me from the things you mentioned that you are low on calories.  A useful thing to do is log every bite on a website such as http://www.myfitnesspal.com .  Most on here use this site.  This way you can even write in some notes on the bottom of the page where you enter your foods and drinks.  You can write how you feel at the end of each day and how you did during the day ... then you can look at your food intake for that day and see if you notice a trend.  

Also you didn't mention how much water (flavored or otherwise) you are taking in.  This should be minimum of 64 oz (8 cups) per day.  If you aren't taking that much then your issue could be dehydration.  I know for a fact that a woman friend of mine got dehydrated, started feeling faint and actually passed out.  Dehydration is very serious.  All that protein is working your kidneys very hard and every drop you put in helps them work better and more efficiently.  

Without a doubt if you have another day or two like this you should talk with your surgeon or nutritionist.  They will help you narrow down the issue and get you feeling better.  

Good luck.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

synthangel
on 12/16/12 1:48 pm - NV
VSG on 11/02/12

I have felt that shaky feeling before. I assumed it was low blood sugar. I also can like.. shiver? I dont know how else to describe it. Anyway I have to eat something high cal right away to fix it. I still keep it low carb, but like cheese for example would help. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views