Okay to eat Greek yogurt with fructose/sucralose three weeks out?

Sleeveless
on 12/16/12 2:16 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

I'm in the soft food stage, three weeks out.

I'm wondering if it's okay for me to eat about 2 ounces of nonfat Dannon Oikos Light and Fit Greek yogurt? It has fructose as well as sucralose, and I'm wondering if the fructose will be too much for me to handle without nausea, foamies, etc.

I've had plain nonfat Greek yogurt and did fine, but I'm concerned about this flavored one, even though it's not a full-sugar yogurt.

Any experiences I could learn from before trying it out?

SuzyNZ
on 12/16/12 2:29 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
I ate fruit flavoured lite yoghurt from three weeks (I strained out the lumps of fruit until about 6 weeks) as I really don't like plain yoghurt.

Just treat your tummy like a baby trying new foods. Take a bite, leave it for a few minutes to see if it settles ok, then another, wait etc.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

MB_MB
on 12/16/12 2:44 pm

I had to read and re-read Dr. Cirangles instructions over and over.  His instructions are so good and I was very confused until I read that booklet over and over.  I had a ton of questions at three weeks out and was overwhelmed and kept calling the nutritionist-just keep his instructions with you everywhere you go.  He is such an awesome surgeon and I follow his instructions and am doing so well and feel wonderful at three months out.  I look like an entirely different person now and feel like a new person too.  I feel so very very fortunate that I chose him and I am reaping the rewards.  My biggest problem with foamies was with chicken.  Good luck to you!  You have a wonderful journey to embark on!  I am very very happy I made this decision after months and months of research and thinking heavily about this surgery.  Take good care!!  MB

Sleeveless
on 12/16/12 2:50 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Thank you, Suzy and MB! You're right, MB, there are a lot of rules and I keep going back to the nut for clarifications. :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 378 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 415 views