any of you with a much thinner husband/boyfriend?

Dawnie 88
on 12/20/12 5:51 am

I have met a man who i am totally in love with..and he with me. We have not been intimate yet. I am really self conscious about my size compared to him.  He is 5'11 and 145 lbs..and I am 5'5 and in a size 12.  I felt great about my size when i was with my ex husband..because he is 220lbs..for some reason being smaller than my guy made me feel good..does that make sense? I know that he loves me for me..but I'm just hoping that I can get past the fact that i'm bigger than him..and feel comfortable.  I keep thinking that thin men only want thin women...isn't that stupid?! Because obvisously he has chosen me..ughhh....

Pura Vida
on 12/20/12 5:59 am - Costa Rica

Obviously he loves you and wants to be with you, I have always been a "thick" girl and have been with thin guys, they LOVE me. They loved my curves. 

Your statement "thin men only want thin women", is so NOT TRUE!!!

Girl, put some candles on and get your groove back!!

Heather

Dawnie 88
on 12/20/12 6:02 am

Thank you!! Just what i needed to hear! kiss

RHCP
on 12/20/12 6:00 am - Poughkeepsie, NY

Dawnie...Girl YOUR BEAUTIFUL!!! My new man is smaller than me- and he loves every bit of me..and although I have my issues with saggy tummy, and butt and arms- when he looks at me with those eyes and is all turned on...it all goes out the window..LOVE IT ENJOY IT!!

Dawnie 88
on 12/20/12 6:04 am

that is so awesome to hear! I needed to hear these stories from women who have been there.  I can see him totally being like that..just looking at me and loving me 'as is'..this is all just something that i know is in my head..and needs to leave..lol

D. Scott
on 12/20/12 6:30 am
RNY with

I was in a size 16/18 when I met my husband and he was 155 at 5'9. He has never been overweight, in fact he struggled with trying to gain most of his life. Needless to say it was super intimidating. I had always said my pant size would be smaller then my partner and it had been until then. I can say now after 10 years married and always being bigger then him (except about 4 months at my lowest lap-band weight when we were the same size) that it hasn't been an issue. He has always been attracted to me  and loved me as I am. The only concern I would have is in finding a partner who truly understands and supports your decision you made to have WLS. I had to work for years to help my husband understand why I needed this for me and I only think he finally got it because he was living with me through it all when I decided. I dont think he would have quite understood if he met me after the fact.

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

Britt_Bearpaw
on 12/20/12 7:29 am

I met my fiance' 5 1/2 years ago when I weighed over 500 pounds at 5'8". He is, and still is, 140 pounds and 5'11. He always has made me feel nothing but beautiful-clothes on or off. I have always only been with skinny men to be honest LOL I have found that there is a market out there for us bigger gals. Anyway, now as I lose weight my babe still treats me the same. He leaves the lights on, kisses my belly and looks me right in the eyes to tell me that I am beautiful. He has always done that-and hopefully every big girl can find a man like that-a man that finds you attractive no matter what.

Sasny
on 12/20/12 7:43 am
VSG on 03/20/12
Hi

My husband has always been about 160 lbs. When we met I was a little over 200 and by eight years later I was at 250. He's always loved and been attracted to me. If your guy loves you for who you are and is attracted to you your size won't matter. I think we women are much more critical of ourselves. Guys are simpler...they see boobs and they are happy. Good luck!

Dawnie 88
on 12/20/12 7:53 am

I think you are correct..that women can be much too critical of ourselves.  I need to really stop that thinking and just go with the flow.  He obviously is attracted to me and loves me. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Wildcat-NYC
on 12/20/12 7:53 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Hahaha - this made me laugh!

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight