Emotional upheaval-a little OT

reneemosley
on 12/20/12 3:08 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

OK so I don't usually air my crap on this forum but today I am.

I earned the bad Mommy award today.....I signed my son up for his first snowboarding trip. Prepped him, packed, he was more excited than I've seen him for a long time. Went to the "drop off" only to discover I had the time wrong and he missed the trip. Devastating. I apologized and we cried together. There are several more trips but this was the first.

And now 3 1/2 hours later I can't stop bawling. This is not like me. My emotions are on overload big time and I'm having a hard time working as a result. I'm feeling really like IDK crappy and not qualified to handle anything.

Is this some sort of emotional purging? I have felt a little down through this process at times but this is baaaad.

Do you guys experience these sort of emotional upheavals?

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

acbbrown
on 12/20/12 3:12 am - Granada Hills, CA

Awww girl - you didn't earn any bad mommy awards - you are a great mom for doing that for your son. Life happens - disappointment is really hard to deal with, but you are human. It's okay- just cry. Once your son finally gets to go, this will be a forgotten memory. 

Can you do something else with him to spend some quality time with him - those will be the memories he will have forever!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

reneemosley
on 12/20/12 3:19 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

Thanks for that Alison....you're right. My plan is to take him to the pass this weekend and go sledding, my speed. I guess since I'm not stuffing my emotions with cookies they just come out, uncontrollably.

Thanks for the love.

Nancybefree
on 12/20/12 3:43 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Hi, Renee -- IMVHO you and your son were both very excited about this trip, and you had done everything you could do to make it possible for him.  It had to be a big let-down for both of you when the problem was discovered.  Those emotions had to go somewhere. 

You are NOT a bad Mommy! 

I think people are just more ramped up at this time of year, so when things happen the emotions are bound to be more ramped up as well.

The good news is that he is all ready for the next trip.  :)

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

reneemosley
on 12/20/12 5:16 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

Nancy thank you. I think what I'm learning is to deal with "let-down" I'm realizing I have always eaten these feelings away. I'm feeling a bit better and I did not dive into cheetos or cookies!!

I agree this time of year is tuff too, thanks again :)

Vi-Vi
on 12/20/12 4:00 am
VSG on 12/13/12

Ah poor you!  I'm sure your son knows what kind of mom you are!  You are both upset right now & that is understandable but it will pass!  Things happen for a reason!  No one was injured by this & you both still love each other & that's what counts!  I'm sure you'll never make this same mistake!  Bet you're the first parent there next time!  Lol. Now take a deep breath & go on with your day!  The way you feel about this whole situation only proves you're a great loving mother!  

Sylvie. 

reneemosley
on 12/20/12 5:40 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

Thanks for the hug Sylvie!! And the kind words.

Pura Vida
on 12/20/12 6:02 am - Costa Rica

You sound like an awesome mom! I hope you feel better!

Christine Heusinger
on 12/20/12 6:57 am - GA

Of course I don't know  your son but he might lash out at you - even for a few days. And he doesn't really mean what he says - he's just not equipped to handle disappointment better yet.

Just remember, that this too will pass.

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

shrinking_sarah
on 12/20/12 7:07 am - CA

I am preop and I'd probably have bawled.  Between the time of year and the CT shooting, I cry at the drop of a hat these days.

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 206 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 290 views