I think its funny when people ask "is this slimies/foamies", so now its my turn!

texasrigdiver
on 12/23/12 4:48 am - TX
DS on 11/29/12

DAMN! I'm never going to learn!!! This is the third time I either ate too much or too fast and I definitely had a physiological reaction. I think its funny to read peoples questions about body functions post surgery because sometimes they are pretty gross. I know its bad, yes I am a bad person, but damn, most of the time I'm amazed at what people endure and go through. Pre-op I didn't spend as much time researching on these boards what foamies and slimies were, but post op I have been. It seems to me that though the 2 categories are separate, foamies and slimies both have a bunch of different symptoms.

Since so many people have shared what foamies/slimies are to them, hers my definition:

Slimies, A coughing fit followed quickly by a trip to the bathroom, bent over the bathroom sink repeating the mantra, "don't puke, don't puke, please don't puke..." with my mouth open and saliva POURING out. I didn't mention the pain, something along the lines of a walk on roll on the set of ALIEN with a chest buster making his way through my gut.

Why can't I burp anymore?

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

ruggie
on 12/23/12 5:24 am - Sacramento, CA

You have an itty bitty stomach.  There's just not much room for gas accumulation for burping.  

I burp now, but they are ... little burps... not 'manly burps'.  

Try to eat more slowly....

Good luck.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Rita M.
on 12/23/12 5:28 am - Webster, MA

LOL, yeah I know what you mean especially about the mantra. I just posted about foamies myself since I had no clue what it was until now. Feel better soon.

Hugs,

Rita

Kelli M.
on 12/23/12 9:19 am - CA
VSG on 12/04/12

I've had that twice now. Gross! Although, I can't figure out why people would call it foamies when there's absolutely no foam involved. Slimies sounds A LOT more accurate.

Kelli

JAlston
on 12/23/12 11:13 am
VSG on 12/07/12

I am 2 weeks post op and haven't had the foamies/slimies, thankfully. However, I would love to have a manly burp...man gas sucks!

Good luck to you!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

2BoyzNMama
on 12/23/12 11:58 am - CO
VSG on 11/01/12

Dang all I do is burp!  At least it's somewhat controllable now unlike right after surgery!  I don't even bother blaming the dog anymore :)

~Nickie 

HW: 292 SW: 289.2 CW: 248 M1: -27.6 M2: -16.2 M3: -12.2 M4: -13.2 M5: -15.8 M6:-9.2

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views