eating more

lmf1964
on 12/23/12 10:27 am - MI
VSG on 03/28/12

Why am I able to eat more?  Not once since having surgery have I ever gotten sick.  Did something go wrong?  SO FRUSTRATED!!!!

"Some day I WILL be a beautiful butterfly" - Heimlich from 'Bugs Life'     
Luvnall3
on 12/23/12 10:53 am

How much at one sitting are you able to eat? (cups or ounces?)

ruggie
on 12/23/12 10:59 am - Sacramento, CA

This is normal.

Follow Frisco's advice and don't rely upon restriction - continue to measure your portions and undereat your sleeve.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

lucy2e
on 12/23/12 10:59 am - Laurel, MD

Not sure what you mean.  Do you mean 1. You can eat more now than right after surgery and you wonder why, or 2. you believe that you can eat more than others who have had the sleeve and you wonder why.  

If it is #1 - your stomach heals after surgery and the swelling goes down, so gradually you are able to eat more.  If it is #2 - we are each different and our stomachs have different shapes.  I think the most important thing for each of us is to start with low fat dense protein - that is what will fill you up the most.  Also, don't eat till you feel full, measure your food and eat slowly and stop when you are satisfied.

I hope that answers your question!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

INgirl
on 12/23/12 11:10 am

Another question, more of what?

If you're eating carbs, and not feeling much restriction or long-term satisfaction.. meaning you could eat them all day.. this is normal and expected. If you thought that having this operation would somehow limit your ability to eat junk food, no- sorry it really doesn't. 

If you are eating straight up chicken breast, and noticing you can eat more now than you did when you first got sleeved back a few months ago- also normal. Most of us can eat a tad more at 6 mo, 9mo and even at a 1.5yrs, I def can eat more plain old meat.. but I still reach a stopping point that if I pu**** will push back. We're not talking much though.. early 1-1.5oz, then slowly to 2-2.5, now it's about 2.5 to a max of 3oz in some softer meats.. yes, I still weigh and portion my foods and prob always will.  However, that said- I too have never gotten sick/pain from overeating.. I call that a great thing, who wants to puke? 

So, what exactly do you mean or are you just ranting? I read back through your posts and it seems you were kinda upset (with yourself?) for eating the wrong foods, and too many of them after your last operation.. Are you eating the good healthy stuff (that you should feel some satisfaction after eating) or are you eating more of the bad junky stuff and frustrated that your surgery isn't stopping you?