Okay..NOW what can I Eat going into my third week?

Jodysdreams
on 12/26/12 1:50 pm

That's why I'm so worried..I feel okay..just worried about my hunger and ability to take in more than most of the other sleevers. I don't want to expand my sleeve..tomorrow I am going to talk to my doctor and ask him what size sleeve he gave me. Maybe he gave me a larger sleeve because of my size? I don't know...I will post tomorrow what I find out..but thank you everyone for your replies..I appreciate all of your opinions and advice! 

Jody

JAlston
on 12/26/12 2:20 pm
VSG on 12/07/12
I think the reason you think you can take in more is because you arent feeling full, is that true? I had surgery on 12/7 and have no hunger feelings or full sensation so I eat based on a sample schedule. It is my bible. It says 2 tbsp of protein like cottage cheese and that is what I eat. I have no desire to eat until I feel full, that just seems like it will end badly. You should use the search function to read up about under eating your sleeve and how your pyloric valve works. Those two things are in my opinion crucial pieces of information that will lead to success in the WL journey.

Good luck to you,

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

abeautifulday21
on 12/26/12 8:11 pm
VSG on 11/26/12

Puree, puree, puree....do you have a good small food chopper/processor like a Magic Bullet?  I use mine several times a day. 

I prepare a really great soup mixture with 3/4 cup of the reduced sodium Progressive Reduced Sodium Tomato Parmesan Soup (this will last you many many meals), 1 piece of the Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb and 3 oz grilled chicken.  Puree it in the Magic Bullet and you have 3 meals to use during the day.  The chicken has 21 g protein and 100 calories (I always have a pre cooked bag in freezer if not fresh grilled), the laughing cow has 2g protein and 35 calories and the soup has 75 calories with 3.8g protein.  Its quick and easy and you are getting almost 26 grams of protein!  You can boost of course by adding some addition protein. 

I have been fortunate that I can eat Eggs but I eat the Eggland's best pureed with sauteed spinach very well cooked and soggy, with a piece of laughing cow cheese and some low sodium chicken broth to flavor,  2 meals right there.

Someone on here suggested as a go to item the Laughing Cow cheeses - perfect to add to food for me as I get tired of Lite Mayo.

We have to be very creative with our food to take care of that sleeve.  I am 1 month out and still have two weeks to go on puree.  My doc wants my sleeve to be very healed before I even go to soft foods. 

A few more thoughts - everyone talks about the 3 week energy slump and stall was true for me as well.  I really had to make sure I was getting my vitamins but I tool a lot of naps to get through it. 

We are all in it together!

abeautifulday21    
KnitsByMama
on 12/26/12 9:46 pm - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

I second the Laughing Cow cheeses, there are a BUNCH of flavors, it's very soft and it's got protein. It helps jazz things up & they taste is great!

Jodysdreams
on 12/27/12 4:05 am

Thank You sooo much for the time it took to give me all of this great info! I am getting ready to walk out the door to see my doctor..I'm going to tell him everything..I see the nutritionist too, and I'm not leaving until I fully understand what I'm supposed to be doing. I didn't go through this to be a failure! I just didn't get enough information before I left the hospital. I think they get so used to the repeated routine, that they forget that each individual is experiencing this huge life change for the first time! They always seem to be in a hurry..almost making me feel like I'm bothering them if I have questions..so I get intimidated...but I realize that I deserve the time it takes them to make sure I am successful..

Will post back tonight..thanks much!

Jody

Jessi * There and
Never Back Again *

on 12/27/12 6:35 am - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 04/25/12

I can't wait to hear how your appointment went.  Do you have the binder they gave out at the presurgery orientation?  It has a lot of great info about what to eat when.  If you don't I bet they will email it you.  They are really great about answering all email questions.  Don't forget they have meetings twice a month as well that could be helpful.  Don't be worried about bothering anyone, they're happy to help.  If you still have any questions message me and I'll answer anything I can.  I can also give you my number, text away.  I'll give you any insight that I can!

5'2   HW-324 • SW-277 • GW-165Surgery Date 4/25/12

Jodysdreams
on 12/27/12 7:34 am

Well well..did you guys know that the doctor can take 75 or 85% of your stomach based on what he thinks you need?

I found out that I only had 75% of my stomach removed. I was an exception because my weight was not high enough and he felt it was adequate to help with my diabetes etc..so this is why I can eat more than 2 tablespoons of food. My sugar levels are already dropping..and this is my main goal first to weightloss. I weighed 181 and have lost 30% of my weight already.  I have to eat puréed foods for two more weeks, then can begin soft foods after that. They told me my loss is right on track for a person my size. So I feel better!! People who start out hundreds of pounds WILL lose weight in the double digit in the first few weeks because the more weight you have to lose, the faster you lose it in the beginning. So naturally, I will lose weight slower, unfortunately.  But my surgery  was to save my life from diabetes and kidney failure and liver disease. So I am here to tell you all how right  you are! I MUST eat protein first before veggies or fruit..she told me to eat puréed chicken salad, Wendy's chili, which sounds sooo good right now, and stuff like this..and I am allowed to begin exercise, so I'm pretty excited. I haven't done anything active wise since surgery, so the 9 pounds I lost was just from diet alone. Now, I want to find a buddy who wants to check in every day, and encourage each other, and share what were doing..I really want one close buddy to team up with! I do so much better when I have someone to do it with! anyone else feel this way?

Thanks You Guys!!

Jody

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views