being a slow loser....

Jewelz13
on 12/25/12 10:37 pm - TX

You would think that eating 800 calories a day would cause me to lose weight faster than eating more.  My sister has dropped weight so fast and she eats 1200 a day.  Is it just a different metabolism?  Should I increase my calories?  I'm not going to lie, I don't workout like I should but neither does she...Any thought? 

Julie

Crabadams72
on 12/25/12 10:52 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Losing slow can be annoying but guess what? You're still losing right?

There have been many posts on here about speeding things up and breaking stalls. The basics are at least 64oz water, 60+grams of protein (chicken was magical for me),measure all meals, exercise, 600-800 cals a day.

Did your sister have surgery? You can't compare yourself to her because your body composition,dieting history, body build and metabolic rate will be different.

Trust me, worrying does not burn calories. Stay on track and you will get there.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Jewelz13
on 12/25/12 11:05 pm - TX

No she hasn't had the surgery...  Thanks for the kick!  I'm not giving up just looking for advice!

happyteacher
on 12/25/12 11:08 pm

Try making a manageable exercise goal.  I found that the hardest part was just getting started, but once moving I would have a good work out.  Because of this I set a goal of 30 minutes 6 days a week during weight loss.  Maybe 6 days a week is too much for you, or maybe 20 minutes may be a better fit... just make a realistic goal then stick to it.  You will love how much it speeds up the weight loss.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

RedStar98
on 12/25/12 11:47 pm - Johnston, RI
VSG on 10/02/12

Exercise is key I think, and drinking water, that's what helps me along.  at least a 30 minute walk 7 days a week, longer if I have time, and at least the 64 oz of water, more if I can (not always easy).  I realized that for this to be a lifestyle change for me, I needed to start working out right away, I started walking 6 months before surgery and haven't stopped, I now feel crappy if I don't work out.  My gym was closed yesterday for Christmas, but I got up, dressed warm, bundled up and headed to my neighborhood for a 30 minute walk in the drizzle and snow.  I feel so much better after I walk, you will too!

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/12 12:38 am

I was a slow loser. I stopped sweating the small stuff, stepped on the scale every two weeks, and NEVER pushed my sleeve,  Aside from getting in the protein and water, I don't count calories.  Since June of 2011, I've lost 150 lbs., and 120 lbs. since surgery on 11/18/11. For me, It's pretty simple.  You are on a permanent diet, and weight loss will vary. Don't worry, it all works out. The key is to remember that the sleeve is not a magic pill but only a tool.  Use it correctly and you'll do fine.  Don't micromanage it.

jule R.
on 12/26/12 7:46 am
VSG on 01/31/12 with

DONT compare yourself to anyone else!! It will totally ruin your spirit. You ARE loosing! You are sticking to your diet, you are doing it the way you entrusted your surgeon to guide you through this and you will succeed. Everyone has a different journey, a different body and a different struggle. My advise is don't try to compete with anyone but yourself

Teresa J.
on 12/26/12 9:16 am - McKinney, TX
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Julie, I am feeling the same way! I am down 52 and feel fantastic...... but wish I was closer to my goal already. I have no one to blame but myself for that. I have not been logging my food on MFP and have not been on OH for weeks. Need to get back on track ASAP!!

Teresa

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 351 views