Date Set! January 21st.

joannalu_1970
on 12/27/12 6:07 am - CA
VSG on 01/29/13

Just as I was getting discouraged and was finding reasons to cancel this whole thing, I heard from the doctor and my date is set for January 21st!  I'm excited and scared.  Not so much of the surgery any more, but the recovery period.  I want so much to eat perfectly, but I fear I'll do something wrong or have a rare complication that I'll never be able to recover from.  

I think I just have to remember the big picture.  What this surgery will bring, not what it will take away.  Yey!

moonchild1968
on 12/27/12 6:15 am - Tucker, GA

Congratulations on getting your date.  I, too, have the same fears. Normal, don't you think?  I will revise from the lap band.  It helps to know that others can relate. I remind myself that the complication rate is very low and that we have to go into this thing with a positive mind.  You'll do great.

joannalu_1970
on 12/27/12 6:20 am - CA
VSG on 01/29/13

Thank you so much, and good luck with your procedure!  Statistically, we should do well, with least amount of complications.  

IHeartMexico
on 12/27/12 6:44 am
VSG on 01/21/13

i have the same sleeve date too ! I also have the same fears as you !

I have thought long and hard and have prepared myself the best that i can. I just try to keep my thought to the positive , how great i am going to feel and look !

Your going to be fine because Im going to be fine too !

so hears to us and our January  21 birthday sleeve day !!

Christine

joannalu_1970
on 12/27/12 6:49 am - CA
VSG on 01/29/13

Yey Christine!!

Thank you and I wish you the best on the 21st!  New life starts.  My birthday is on the 14th, but I might have to change it to the 21st!   

VSGFoodie
on 12/27/12 7:18 am
VSG on 01/16/13

I just got my date today, too. I'm 1/16. Both elated and terrified...but mostly excited! The approval process was ridiculously easy, and that just reinforces for me that it's the right thing to do. Normally, when i have to fight for things, they end up not being the greatest decisions, but when things come easy...well, it seems like "a sign". :)  Good luck!

chubby_cinderella
on 12/27/12 7:36 am
VSG on 01/28/13
Congrats! My surgey is the 28th and I can't wait! I'm not scared at all but I will bewhen it gets closer. Here's to a better life for both of us ! Good luck!
pineview01
on 12/27/12 8:18 am - Davison, MI

I am the day after.  I also am converting from a failed lap band.  Have you checked in on the Jan surgery board, so many of us starting the New Year out right.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views