9 months post-op, a normal BMI, a motorcycle, and pics :)

moonglo82
on 12/28/12 12:13 am
VSG on 03/29/12

Oh how I have missed being here! 

A lot has happened in the last couple of months... this semester's grad classes just about kicked my butt, as did a few situations at work.  Thankfully, with winter break here, things are (a little) quieter, so hopefully I'll be able to hang around here a little for a few days :)

I'm still not quite to goal, but I'm okay with that... about six more pounds and I'm there.  I had every intention of being super strict with my eating through the holidays, and it just did not happen.  I've learned that I associate the holidays with food way too much, and I went out of my way to try to find other ways to enjoy the season.  Was I perfect?  Far from it.  Was this a better holiday season nutritionally speaking than in years past?  Absolutely.  In my mind, progress is good, and now that I know that this is going to be a struggle each year, my goal is to try to plan better for this next year so it doesn't blind side me.

The good news is that I woke up Christmas morning to a normal BMI!  Not only was it Christmas, but it was also my 30th birthday... so I'm entering my 30's at a normal weight.  Words cannot express how excited I was.  I've gone from 250 to 136 in 9 months.  I went from a size 22 to a size 4.  Blood sugar and blood pressure are pretty much perfect.

Unfortunately, I'm still not fully back on the proverbial "wagon" yet, because I've been sick for several days now and my husband found out yesterday that he has pneumonia that the doctor says was brought on by the flu, so I'm trying to take things easy for a few days to make sure I don't overdo it and get sicker.  Trying to eat right as much as possible (hard to do with no appetite) and rest as much as possible so I can get back to training for my next 5k ASAP! :)

And here's the fun part: my husband bought me a motorcycle for my birthday!  It's a very basic bike, and it's actually been used in training classes, so it's a little beat up... but that's perfect for a beginner like me who is still learning to ride.  I need something small anyways because I'm so short, but the fact that this one is not in perfect condition means I don't have to be as nervous about learning on it either.  It runs great, and Matt even put pink stripes on it for me lol :)  The pic of me with the motorcycle have that bike in them.  I'm taking my safety class this weekend, so if all goes well I'll have my license next week.  If not, we can Craigslist the bike and he'll pretty much get his money back, since it's not going to lose any more value :)

Now for the pics:

My husband and I at a tacky holiday wear party :)

In case anyone is interested lol... the bike after Matt's handiwork.  Goes great with my brand new pink and black Harley jacket, my pink and black helmet, and my black boots with pink trim :) 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!  Miss you guys!

Courtney

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

acbbrown
on 12/28/12 12:25 am - Granada Hills, CA

I'm glad you get a little break - you look hot on that bike :)  Even if you dont get to ride it, it sure made for a great photo-op !!! 

Take care of you and the hubby so that you are feeling better soon! Love you superwoman :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

moonglo82
on 12/28/12 7:20 am
VSG on 03/29/12

Lol thanks Alison!  Love you :)  Hubby is doing a little better now... he's up and moving around and getting a bit stir crazy, which is a sign that at least he's feeling less miserable. 

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/12 12:39 am

You look amazing, Courtney! Seriously, you just look fantastic. Your hubs has continued to lose weight, too! You both look really good and healthy.

Congrats on all your successes. You have, no doubt, worked very hard to get where you are in such a short time. Glad to hear you are getting a break from all your responsibilities. Take care of yourself so you don't get sick, too!

moonglo82
on 12/28/12 7:22 am
VSG on 03/29/12

Thanks, D!  I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I had some great role models around here to get me started and keep me going :)  I think I've been going through OH withdrawals... I need to make time to check in here, even if it's just a few minutes a week or something, so I can stay focused.  Great to hear from you! :)

judyk62
on 12/28/12 12:39 am - Santa Rosa, CA
You look gorgeous and your hubby is looking pretty darned hot as well. I remember you from the beginning of your journey and you have rocked this all the way. Life has so much good in store for you. And I think you have nailed the holiday season - not perfect but so much better than years past. Happy Belated Birthday, Courtney the biker babe!

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

moonglo82
on 12/28/12 7:23 am, edited 12/28/12 7:24 am
VSG on 03/29/12

Thanks Judy :)  You are always such an awesome support for anyone you meet; you are truly an awesome person, and I am honored to know you, even if it's just online.  You have no idea how much  you have helped me on this journey, and I will always be thankful. 

PS: I have to agree- my husband is looking pretty darned hot lol :)

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/12 12:44 am
VSG on 06/04/12

Wow! Jealous of both the bike and your body!!! You're a tiny little thing. 

moonglo82
on 12/28/12 7:25 am
VSG on 03/29/12

Lol thanks Summer :)

HEATHER H.
on 12/28/12 12:47 am - SC
VSG on 08/07/12

OMG, AWESOME!! I sold my bike last spring and miss it almost everyday. A Buell is a GREAT learner bike and hubby's hot pink accents are almost as hot as the rider! Glad you're taking the MSC as it should be a must for all riders, IMO. Congrats on all of your success, you have been an inspiration to me and many others, I'm sure. Keep rockin' and keep it rubber side down, biker Mama!!

Highest Weight: 270   Pre-Op Weight 267    Day of Surgery: 254.5   Current: 154             Month 1: -20lbs , Month 2 -16lbs, Month 3 -15lbs Month 4 - 10lbs, Month 5 - 11lbs;  month 6 - 9lbs; month 7 - 6lbs; month 8 - 4lbs; month 9 - 5lbs; month 10 - 1lb

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views