Just a few self-aggrandizing NSVs...

dr_spatula
on 12/31/12 5:56 am, edited 12/31/12 6:02 am
VSG on 07/27/12

Holy crap, this week has been amazing in terms of my progress since WLS. Personally, meh...my kid has been sick, and we have dealt with her waking terrors (she's 3)...if anyone else's kids have had these, you have my empathy. Also, it is always hard to get back to work and gearing up for the new semester, so instead I am posting on here! Ha! Anyway, here are my NSVs...

1. Ran 5 kilometers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry for the overabundance of exclamation points...the furthest I have ever run is 1.25 miles...when I got back from vacation this week I thought, gee, I'll go to the gym to see how far I can run. I set a goal of 3.1 miles and f*cking did it!!!!!)

2. Dropped off 130 items of clothing to Goodwill and picked up smaller shirts, exercise pants, and sweaters...right now I'm wearing a size L sweatshirt...WTF?? (Gotta love last-minute tax deductions.)

3. Putting a bag of nice clothes aside (some are my favorite shirts) for a friend who is in the pre-surgery prep/supervised diet phase as she's anticipating her VSG in the next 4 months. While it's not really a body NSV, this is a huge thing for me as I loved, LOVED my clothing and have had a hard time telling myself to let go. It's actually quite freeing.

4. Moved my car seat up even more, and dropped the tilt of my steering wheel all the way to the bottom...apparently my butt has shrunk enough that if the steering wheel is up at all, I cannot see the odometer. Seriously!

5. I can stretch like the limber girl I used to be...splits and all. And I can put my legs out on either side and touch my head to the floor! Woo hoo!

Okay, enough shameless self-love for tonite. Happy New Year to all!! You have my support and encouragement!

What are some of your latest NSVs???? Please post below!

SuzyNZ
on 12/31/12 6:15 am
VSG on 09/17/12
1. I can comfortably cross my legs
2. I went on a plane last week for the first time since surgery and for the first time in my adult life, NO seatbelt extender.
3. My car seatbelt, which had been uncomfortably tight, is now VERY roomy
4. I waterblasted the deck yesterday without getting tired and sweaty
5. My jeans literally fell off while I was chasing my 4 year old nephew around the yard on Christmas Eve.
6. I sleep much more comfortably when it's hot (it's summer here)

I am selling/giving away my old clothes too. I have always kept them in the past when I lost weight and I think subconsciously, by keeping them I was telling myself "it's ok if I put a few kgs back on as I still have lots of clothes in different sizes"....not this time baby!!! It's all going and I will use the money to buy new clothes (buying new bras every 6 weeks is getting expensive!...lol)

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

dr_spatula
on 1/1/13 1:17 am
VSG on 07/27/12

That is awesome!! :) I hear you about the pants coming down, leg-crossing, and not having to use the seatbelt extender! That was always the worst for me. Congratulations!!!!!

angry

abeautifulday21
on 12/31/12 6:39 am
VSG on 11/26/12

You use all the exclamation points you want!  Those are awesome NSVs!  I posted some earlier but would add to this one that yesterday, I went out and bought new bras - 2 in the current new size and went ahead and bought one in the lower size!  The true sign to weight loss to me is when I have to go down in underwear!  I too have been bagging up clothes and looking forward to passing them on!  Happy New Year!

abeautifulday21    
dr_spatula
on 1/1/13 1:19 am
VSG on 07/27/12

Thanks so much!! Wearing new (or purchased-but-not-yet-worn) underwear is a HUGE NSV!! Happy new year!!

LNC62
on 12/31/12 7:07 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

Congrats on all your NSV's!

dr_spatula
on 1/1/13 1:26 am
VSG on 07/27/12

Thanks so much!! kiss

Happy new year to you!!

grannymedic1
on 12/31/12 7:12 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

Awesome NSV's!

I am dealing with clothing, too. All my previous skinny clothes are too big. Last week for church I put on a beautiful black coat dress that I bought when I reached my goal after lap band. It was down right baggy. I was determined to wear it so I put on a belt. Other clothes will go to Goodwill since that is where I bought them. I only have 2 pair of jeans that fit and one of them gets baggy butt! I hate the idea of getting rid of my previous skinny stuff because I am not convinced I won't have somewhat of a bounce back gain. I just need to get over it.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

dr_spatula
on 1/1/13 1:26 am
VSG on 07/27/12

That is so great! I love the baggy butt!! I had to re-donate some pants back to Goodwill, too...but I cannot seem to rid myself of my buttery soft size 24s that I've had for 13 years now. They are the only 'big' pants I still have, and in my head I think I'm holding on to them as a symbol of how far I had to go in order to fit back into them, and now as a symbol of how far I've come since then. Or something. Perhaps I'll make a quilt out of them when all is said and done. Or donate them. Or bronze them!

SuzyNZ
on 1/1/13 3:52 am
VSG on 09/17/12

Definitely keep them!  I thing it's a brilliant visual reminder of how far we have come.  I have kept my largest pair of jeans and my largest black work pants (which look like clown bloomers on me now...lol)

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 148 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 421 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 439 views