Happy New Year to ME! 101 pounds lost! (pictures)

Kabooboo
on 1/1/13 8:56 am

Happy New Year everyone! 2012 was an incredible year for me in many ways, and I think 2013 will be even better now that I am down 101 pounds! I started my weight loss journey in March, and lost over 30 pounds preop. My surgery was June 28th. I am now down to 182 pounds!  I fit into my first pair of size 12 pants today, and am wearing a plain old size large in shirts/blazers. (Goodwill has been a blast for me. I have had a constant new wardrobe this entire school year and I get lots of compliments on my clothes and appearance.)  I had set New Year's Day as my goal to lose 100 pounds, because it used to be my anniversary before my divorce. I wanted a new event to associate with the day, and now I do!  Yesterday I was 99.6 pounds lost, and this morning I woke up to 101 pounds lost. I want to lose between 20-40 pounds more. So far my VSG journey has been good. I was very tired the first couple of months, but since then I have felt great with lots of energy.

I have followed my plan faithfully 95% of the time. I haven't touched any sugar since March. Low carb is imperative for me to lose weight. I have had a few things with more carbs, but just a bite here or there, and no sweets. I tend to eat the same several things pretty regularly. I am relying on chicken, greek yogurt, matrix mint cookie shakes, a few green vegs, cheese, and chili.  I'm not bored with it, and it's working for weight loss. I have been a stair step loser, averaging about 10 pounds lost a month but in spurts and stalls. 

I am trying to attach some pictures. I hope they load.Of course I can't find the disc with my son's graduation pictures and my before weight loss pictures on it. I am including some older pictures. I have had weight problems for the past 20 years or more, so pretty much every picture ever taken of me since then is a BEFORE picture.

Best wishes for a wonderful New Year for all of you! This website has been invaluable to me. I have learned so much. I definitely have all of the knowledge I need to succeed. Now it is up to me! I haven't been good about the exercise component. But, I remodeled my basement into a gym, and the last few days I have been hitting the treadmill and the Wii Fit. I also got a Fitbit for Xmas, so I am on my way!

This suit hung in my closet for 20 years. It was my goal suit. I wore it to my job interview for the teaching job I have had for 20 years. Now I intend for it to be too big for me soon!  It is a size 14. It does look like 1991 doesn't it?

Hiding behind my daughter- last May at her college graduation . Down about 30 pounds.

4 years earlier at her high school graduation. Near my heaviest.

Probably at my heaviest, feeling miserable.

stephanieplum
on 1/1/13 9:07 am
VSG on 06/27/12

You've done very well and you look great!!!  

Kabooboo
on 1/1/13 11:22 am

Thanks! It looks like you are knocking on the door of 100 pounds lost too!

stephanieplum
on 1/1/13 11:29 am
VSG on 06/27/12
I'm working on it!!! Thanks!

judyhill1968
on 1/1/13 9:08 am
VSG on 12/13/12

Congrats!  You look great!

Kabooboo
on 1/1/13 11:23 am

Thanks! It's so great to be 6 months out. Those first couple of months were the hardest. But they fly by!

Kelly M.
on 1/1/13 9:11 am - NY

Congratulations, you look absolutely fantastic!

SW: 360 / HW: 368 / CW: 215

I was sleeved 05/16/2013

My  blog...come take a peek:  Changed Gurl

Kabooboo
on 1/1/13 11:24 am

Thank you. :)

Healthier2011
on 1/1/13 9:13 am

Congratulations!!!  You look fantastic!!!  I have faith in you, you will lose the rest!!!

Kabooboo
on 1/1/13 11:26 am

Thanks! I have confidence in myself in reaching goal too, which I never had before the VSG!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views