Sunkist

jpsp30
on 12/31/12 10:30 am - TN

Hello,

I'm new. I hope to have surgery in February-April; but am doing some research.

Have any of you used Sunkist Protein Shots?

Here is a link:http://www.sunkistprotein.com/index.html

JP

Calking
on 12/31/12 11:26 am
VSG on 05/31/12

I haven't used that product and looking at it I very likely wouldn't.  My nutritionist has the following guidelines for protein.

1) 5g or less fat (Sunkist has that)

2) 5g or less carbs (Sunkist has that)

3) About 24g protein per serving (Sunkist has much more than that ... I think that your body can only process a certain amount at one given time so you would have to take the shot in 2 servings.)

4) Whey Protein (with Whey Protein Isolate being the best over Whey Protein Concentrate or Blend of the two.  Sunkist has that but there are 2 other proteins as well.  With the Whey Protein Isolate being listed as the second of the three I wonder how much of the protein is from that source.  Too many questions so on this point I would not try this product.  Especially if your body will only use a certain amount of that protein ... again how much of what you get will your body use that will be Whey Protein Isolate?)

That is my thoughts based on the information that was given me by my nutritionist. 

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

jpsp30
on 12/31/12 11:28 am - TN

Thanks. Those are valid considerations. Perhaps I will ask my Nutritionist about this as well.

karismommy231
on 12/31/12 11:54 am
VSG on 11/05/12

At least it has whey protein in it (the best and most readily absorbed protein)! Most protein "shots" do not. They contain collagen which is not absorbed by the body very well, if at all. I would say buy some. You will use them over ice for the first week or two following surgery. Hopefully they don't taste like crap.

BTW I use special K protein water mix. its not high in protein (5 grams) but it has fiber and tastes more yummy than just plain old water. Just another way to get your protein. Good luck with you upcoming surgery!

~Jenny

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

texasrigdiver
on 12/31/12 2:34 pm - TX
DS on 11/29/12
I think you made an interesting find. While doing some research I also found the IDS New Whey protein. I need to do some research on that too. But I went ahead and ordered a box of the sunkist orange from Amazon. It can't hurt, it's cheap, and t has some other good liquid vitamins, so, maybe not to bad. I'm not going to count the full protein load towards my daily goal, just 50%.

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 386 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 419 views