Starting my journey

Karian
on 1/5/13 7:15 am - Clymer, PA

Hi all! First of all, I heard about this  site watching you tube videos. I went to sign up and here I already had an account. I was looking into getting surgery apparently in 2007 and had personal things happen and didn't. Well, I'm back. And I'm looking into getting the sleeve. I have my first step with a seminar on Jan 31. Right now I am just trying to get all the information and support I can. Good luck on all your journeys! 

ParisGirl
on 1/5/13 7:27 am
VSG on 04/25/13

You've come to the right place!  Lots of great people on this site and you'll learn a lot from the vets. 

All the best to you!!!

Cindy22706
on 1/5/13 8:43 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12

Good luck :) Many insurance companies require 6 monthly visits, so you might wanna get that started too while your waiting.

newyear_newme2013
on 1/5/13 9:24 am
Welcome aboard! Praying you find everything you need and things progress smoothly and quickly for you !!
Karian
on 1/5/13 9:35 am - Clymer, PA
Thank you. My dr has you go to the seminar first before he has you make an appointment. And I made sure to check into my insurance and its like many with the 6 months. Which at first I didn't understand why the wait. But now I understand. It does help my friend had it done in October with same surgeon and has explained some things.
laviecharmee
on 1/5/13 10:34 am - CA
VSG on 12/16/13

Hi Karian

I too am just starting. I made the decision to have surgery in November after many years of saying "no way... not me". Now that I have finally made the decision I can not get the ball moving fast enough! My insurance is having me first meet with a bariatrician and a nutritionist and when I called to schedule the appointment (in early December) the soonest they could get me in was January 28. So it will be a few more weeks before I know how fast/slow things will happen.  I read EVERYTHING all the time! I have a coworker that had the surgery last spring so I get a lot of tips from her too. This website is amazing and everyone so open and honest with what they are experiencing. I hope you enjoy your seminar and look forward to hearing about your journey

Kim

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 307 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 354 views