This is how a support meeting should be

reneemosley
on 1/7/13 4:20 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

I'd like to give a shout out to Pacific Nutrition and Wellness.....the home of my amazing NUT. Yesterday was a "support event" hosted by the wellness center I get my aftercare from. It was a 5+K walk, followed by a QnA session with the staff.

It was really fun and I learned a lot while bettering my health with fellow WLS patients. I met a fellow OHer in person (finally Sara!  ;))

I love my NUT and really feel this is the ultimate in support and aftercare.

What are some of your aftercare success tips? Besides the amazing people on this site.

I wish everyone amazing aftercare, and if you do not have it consider forming a group in your area.

Peace all!

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

frisco
on 1/7/13 4:53 am

Sounds like a great program !!!

I wish more surgeons would put more emphasis on aftercare as it can be (I'm convinced) a big factor on maximum WL and long term success. A good program helps in building a strong foundation.

I was/am the guy that didn't/doesn't do group anything and I didn't start going to group till month 6 or 7, I never went to any pre-op group seminars or any such thing...... I thought, pay the guy to carve me a new stomach and that was it......

When I walked into my first group meeting to see what it was all about...... I saw many at goal people and wondered why they were there???? I soon realized..... if they take the time to come to these things..... I'm coming to these things cause I want what they want/have.

Our San Jose group is "Stacked" with Superstars and it is very motivating to be in the same room with them. At one meeting we figured out the total Weightloss of the group that night was around 3500lbs.!!!

Watching someone go from pre-op to goal still blows my mind !!!!!

We normally get the Surgeon himself and his nutritionist as well as occasional guest speakers. Trainers, Plastic surgeons, motivational speakers.

Stay connected, keep learning and fight the good fight!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

SuzanneR
on 1/7/13 5:15 am - Randolph, NJ

Absolutely 100% important pre op and post op and well into goal. I love my support group and love seeing people from all stages of their procedure. I especially love seeing the newbies pre op and watch them shrink...it's a great motivator to see the vets 2, 3 and even 5 and 6 years out from their various procedures and how they are making it happen as vets.

Sheryl G.
on 1/7/13 5:58 am - IL
VSG on 09/17/12

I'm so jealous of you both! I continue to search locally for a group like both of yours. At least I have OH. I'd be lost without it (or I wouldn't be losing that is!)

If you change nothing, nothing will change.      

Auveca
on 1/7/13 6:20 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12
I'm with you Sheryl, I can't find anything like that around here! But I am still trying!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views