Starting to tone up and work out

jenngirl
on 1/9/13 10:38 pm, edited 1/9/13 10:38 pm
VSG on 06/25/12
I have joined a gym 6 months out. I do not have a lot of loose skin yet. I am hoping to tone up before it gets to that level. I was wondering if anyone out there has a specific routine they follow.<br />
<br />
Also, has anyone out there noticed when you first hit the gym you GAINED weight?? I have. Like a few lbs, this week alone. and my calorie intake has not changed. Anyone know what's up with that??

vogue
on 1/9/13 11:22 pm
VSG on 08/30/12

Ive been doing heavy-ish weights three times per week for the past 2 weeks....   I was in a stall since Xmas, and but now Ive lost 2.8 lbs since Saturday.,...  so Id say the weights are helping ( as I was told they would)

I do weights M-W-F, Couch25K T-Th-Sa then throw in some other cardio in there as well ( I have swimming classes once a week and try to practice an additional day or 2 and/or treadmill and/or cycle)....   basically 2 hours of workout 6 days a week.... 

as I said, im only on week 2 but Im see weight loss and have been able to increase my weights twice...  Im not meauring inches until after 6 weeks so we shall see....

pineview01
on 1/10/13 5:01 am, edited 1/10/13 5:01 am - Davison, MI

My daughter was crying about gaining when she started working out too.  I told here this too.  You are building muscle and losing fat.  Just the process of losing fat causes a temp water gain and muscle is denser than fat.  So a pound of fat is smaller than a pound of fat.

Keep hitting that gym!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 149 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 422 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 442 views