Help me menu plan?

danixbanani
on 1/9/13 8:24 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Going out to eat tomorrow night with friends and I am not sure what to eat at the place we are going to!  I've only ever been to this place pre op and obviously gorged myself.  It is called Burger and Barrel and they are known for the burgers.

http://static.tumblr.com/bpyklts/btumfakcx/b_b_dinner.pdf

I can't eat raw veggies yet so no salads and I'm not a fan of fish.  I was thinking maybe the soft tacos and eat the insides or maybe the meatballs?  I would get a burger with no bun or fries but I feel like it is a waste of money.  Help, suggestions please!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Happy Gurl
on 1/9/13 9:14 am
VSG on 10/26/12

Yum, can I go?  I would get one of the small plates of the chicken, pork, or meatballs.  Or just get the soup and have some greek yogurt before you go to up your protein.  When can you have raw veggies?  I've had no restrictions since week six.

HW: 390, HbandW: 340, LbandW:237,

HsleeveW: on 10/27/12:270, CW: 167:) GW: 175 :))))

M1:22, M2:16, M3:10, M4:9, M5:8, M6: 9, M7: 8, M8: 6, M9: 3, M10: 4

ParisGirl
on 1/9/13 9:18 am
VSG on 04/25/13

Chicken lollipops! Ask for some tzatziki sauce on the Side for dipping.  Good luck!

jenlaur1
on 1/9/13 9:52 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

I like the idea of the white bean soup..that sounds pretty good..see if you can share an app with someone or the group..have a little bit of that with soup and/or...like mentioned..eat something like the yogurt before you go and get a small app..bagging the rest of it for your lunch the next day :)

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

danixbanani
on 1/9/13 10:57 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Thanks guys! These are great suggestions and have really helped me out.  I was told not to have raw veggies until 4 months out...i guess my surgeon is stricter for some reason.  I ate a raw piece of cucumber the other day and I didn't have any bad effects. *shrug*

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

JAlston
on 1/9/13 10:58 am
VSG on 12/07/12

I think the chicken lollipops sound yummy! The meatballs and ricotta could work too though! I have a team lunch (will be my first lunch since surgery and I will be on soft foods (no raw veggies for me until 9 weeks out). I decided to choose the ahi tuna...I wanna go to your place instead! LOL

Good luck!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

ellie_kae
on 1/9/13 11:18 am, edited 1/9/13 7:17 pm
I used to think that a burger with no bun or fries was a waste of money, too. If you think about it, though, it's just white flour and potatoes, which are cheap fillers anyway. I started to think that even *with* those items it is still a waste of money.
mauigirl2
on 1/9/13 1:12 pm - kihei, HI

I have a card from my Dr. that says I had barriatric surgery and would they please allow me to order from the kids menu, otherwise I get a burger plain with nothing else and eat about half with mustard and maybe a slice of pickle.  I eat out alot with friends and for lunch and usually that is what I have.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views