Hey OH friends, Update, 2 years out!

SassyItalian
on 1/9/13 10:02 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis

Hey guys! Wanted to check in, my 2 year surgiversary came and I did not even realize it. I have been very busy with school, I am currently in veterinary school in the Caribbean. School is insanely hectic and busy and hard, but my hard work is paying off and I am doing well.

So..2 years out, what can I say? There is so much, I will try and keep it some what short. 2 years ago I made the best/scariest/bravest decision of my life. I went against everything my friends and family told me and had a VSG. The procedure was pretty new when I did it, and this forum was my only real link to others who had it done. In fact, I was going to have a Lap- Band before I found this forum. It changed my mind.

2 years out, my life is awesome, busy, amazing, normal, not normal, etc! Please keep in mind, what I am going to share is ** my experience only** and this is what works and occurred for *me*. Every journey is different and special and individual. My diet is "normal", meaning I don't vomit, I don't get sick. I can find something at any restaurant, I love to take home left overs. I eat what I want, focused on protein, in moderation. Nothing is off limits for me. I focus on protein, but eat carbs and fat and sweets, in varying amounts. But I do have to say, I am thankful every day to have my sleeve. I was always a stress eater and vet school is pure stress being unable to eat quantities of food is priceless. I do have to say, when I eat processed junk I tend to feel crappy after, so I automatically tend to eat healthy, lean protein, natural foods.

I am active, I swim, play sports, paddle board, hike, snorkel, scuba dive. I have not been hitting the weights as much as I would like but am able to maintain a healthy body at 145 pounds. Most people don't know that I have had surgery. A year after my VSG I had plastic reconstruction and am thrilled with my results. Breasts where they should be and a flat tummy keep me motivated to stay in shape.   

I would do this a thousand times over if I had to. The life I was leading before, hiding, being anti-social, not enjoying everyday things, it was a waste. I was a worthy person at 258 pounds, I just didnt know it. The weight loss help me shed my fears, and shed a ****ty relationship. It helped me find my voice, my confidence, my worth, my power.

I have been dating an amazing person for the last 6 months. Someone who loves me, who moves heaven and earth for me, who treats me like a queen, and sends me for massages when I am stressed, who tells me every day that I am the most gorgeous girl ever, his Bond girl. And you know what, I deserve to be treated properly, at any weight. I just didnt know it.

So..here are some pics, of some random, craziness over the last few months. In between classes I get  to "lime", chill, hang out, dance, drink rum, go to the beach, have fun.

Feel free to message me with any questions, it was veterans of the sleeve who got me through, taught me, and have helped get me to where I am today.

Best of luck on your journey, remember- you are the one who writes your own story! It will be whatever you make of it!!!

Love, Sassy

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Crabadams72
on 1/9/13 10:07 am - Silver Spring, MD
Gorgeous as always! So glad to see you living your best life!
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

frisco
on 1/9/13 10:14 am

I thought you were gonna wait for me?......oh yah.....that was in my head.....

Congrats on 2 years !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

SassyItalian
on 1/9/13 10:17 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis

Just say the word, Frisco, and I drop him like a hot potato!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/13 10:30 am

How wonderful to see you checking in!!!!!

Glad things are going so well for you! Congrats on EVERYTHING - especially school!

Shanda J.
on 1/9/13 11:03 am - IL
VSG on 02/11/13

You look amazing...congrats!!!!

Greg M.
on 1/9/13 11:07 am - Cincinnati, OH

Hi Sassy,

Way to go on living your dream.  You look fantastic and so glad that you are happy.  Keep up the good work!

Greg

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

Feystorm
on 1/9/13 11:10 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12

Such a great story!  You are an inspiration :)

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

jimbovsg
on 1/9/13 11:15 am

Congrats on two years Kristen.  You are living your dream....keep up the good work....proud of you girl! 

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

LyndaCary
on 1/9/13 11:35 am - CA

Congrats on 2 wonderful years and many more to come!

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.HW-276  ReferralW-258   Lost 22lbs pre surg   SW-236   CW-124.6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 433 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views