Any tips for losing that last 20lbs???

TNERNURSE
on 1/15/13 7:48 am

Does any one have any tips for losing that last 20 lbs?  Losing has slowed but not completed stopped. 

frisco
on 1/15/13 8:24 am

It's a down and dirty fight........gotta fight for every ounce..... it can get really ugly.......

Gotta go old school.....

Someone is bound to chime in and tell you to eat more........wrong........

Break it down to 5lbs. goals.....

Very doable..... it's all you..... losing the last 20lbs. for me was a greater achievement than the first 180lbs.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/13 8:42 am

I'm with Frisco on this one! It took me 2 months to lose my last 11 pounds. I went pretty hard core following advice from those ahead of me who had succeeded using this method:

Upped my protein to 80-100 grams per day.

Lowered carbs to fewer than 30

Drank water, water, water all day long (100+ oz a day)

Kept calories between 600 & 800 per day. For me, usually around 700.

And I also exercised 4 to 5 days a week. It was all consuming for me to reach goal near the end. The last 5 pounds were a test, but I did it. Others may disagree with this method, but it worked very well for me. My NUT was totally fine with this method, too.

slatond
on 1/15/13 10:33 pm

I am 21 lbs from goal .. so right there w/ you and plan to follow this thread. I'm doing good on basics / hard core. Might need to up my exercise and water though.

sleevegirl
on 1/15/13 10:56 pm - Austin, TX

Unfortunately, Frisco is right. I wi**** were easy, but it's a fight. I'm only losing now because I'm determined to do it and staying on top of it. Am I perfect all the time? Nope, but I am fighting it... and fighting it hardcore. I hope to lose another 16 pounds or so total. I think. Maybe more, but for now, that's my "goal". My ticker isn't updated yet because I'm reaching for 165 right now (166.2 this morning! Woot!)

Make small, attainable goals. That's the ONLY way I've managed.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

kimberleyann
on 1/15/13 11:01 pm - Kingston, NS, Canada

As Frisco said it is an ounce for ounce fight.  The last 5lbs is just as hard.  It seems down like a lb up a lb yo-yo but it is down  an ounce in the end. Keep fighting. I am in same boat fighting for every ounce. You can do it, and so can i.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 387 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 420 views