Surgeons response to Endoscopy Results

GettingFitBy40
on 1/21/13 6:27 am - Antioch, CA

So Friday I had an Upper Endoscopy done.  All is normal except they did see a Partial Hiatal Hernia.  They also took biopsies of the Duodenum to see if I have an Allergy to Gluten for being the possible reason I am anemic and the reason for having pain in my abdomen where my gall bladder is (definitely not a gall bladder issue for now).  I have a recurrent dull pain in that area but not where it's so painful that it stops me in my tracks. It's just an annoying pain kinda like you get from running if you're not a runner.  Biopsy results should be back in 1-3 weeks.

So I e-mailed the WLS surgeon to let him know that I had this done and what was found.  I also asked him if he sees any issues with proceeding w/ my VSG. 

He said he is still concerned about the pain as that is the only reason I ever went to the Doctor last year so he thinks it must have bugged me enough.  He said that if I have the WLS, it will perhaps confuse my body as far as the problem area is concerned.  But at the end he said he has no problems with proceeding.

I want to e-mail him back but wanted to see what you all think first.... Anyone have any similar situations?

Thanks,

Jenn

Jennifer

HRW : 268 | CW: 260 | SW: needs to be 230 or less | GW: 135 | VSG in 2013!

Rms928
on 1/21/13 6:42 am
VSG on 03/20/13

I had an endoscopy as  a pre op test about three weeks ago.  I haven't had any pain.  They found a couple of minor issues along with a polyp.  My surgeon wouldn't let me do anything until he saw the full results including the biopsy results.  I'm surprised your doc said anything to you before seeing the results.  I see the gastro doc tomorrow to see what's up but the results were sent to my surgeon and I have been cleared.  Surgery is scheduled for March 20th.

M1-10 M2-31.4 M3-11 M4-16.8 M5-15 M6-10 M7-14 M8-9

magavik70
on 1/21/13 10:37 am

I had an endoscopy for my prep because I have a IBD.  They found a hiatal hernia and the doc fixed it during my VSG.  Maybe your doc can, too...  I hope it's as simple as a food allergy, you can live with that easily enough!  Praying for a resolution to your pain issue.  Best of luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 461 views