A sad story

Missdede
on 1/23/13 5:51 am - Canada
VSG on 10/10/12

I live in Alberta..it is cold, cold, cold.

I have been thoroughly enjoying my yummy hot protein coffees made with Torani salted caramel s/f syrup.  I re ordered 2 weeks ago and yippy the FedEx truck arrived this pm with my new order!

Did I mention how cold it is?

Opened the really delicious smelling box (clue #1) to find chunks of glass and ice of what was my bottles of syrup.  Sigh.

Phoned the supplier in Windsor, Ontario who informed me I'm his 3rd Albertan to call today.  They are just going to refund me because it is just too cold right now to try and ship again.  FML.  

daniparis
on 1/23/13 6:42 am - Richardson, TX

Im Sorry for your syrup loss :( I have that syrup...( sorry...dont mean to rub it in)...I have been adding it to my shakes...I am so tired of shakes I could scream ( im 2 weeks post-op)...

Even is your time of Syrup loss, can you share your protein coffee recipe?

Thanks, and hope it warms up for you soon!

Missdede
on 1/23/13 7:30 am - Canada
VSG on 10/10/12

Thanks for feeling my pain.

I just put one scoop of my unflavored pp in a measuring cup and add about 1/4 cup of milk and 2 big squirts of syrup, mix it really well.  I use a nespresso machine but any coffee maker like tassimo or kuerig would work.  I start making the coffee in my mug and slowly add my premixed  liquid protein while the coffee is filling my mug.  I have a small hand frothier I use after its done pouring, not necessary, but makes me feel like a barista.

Ms Shell
on 1/23/13 6:59 am - Hawthorne, CA

Oh nooo...I know a lot of online places will have disclaimers about weather and shipping certain things.

I have read that Cost Plus World Market has the SF salted caramel.  I have to much SF syrup right now so I'm waiting until my stash dwindles before I check it out.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Missdede
on 1/23/13 7:24 am - Canada
VSG on 10/10/12

Here in Canada we don't have many of the stores everyone talks about on the boards, so we have to order  online.

its a pain, the shipping charges are ridiculous.  I know I can find sf vanilla in town but I really love the salted caramel :(

happyteacher
on 1/23/13 7:36 am

Salted caramel is my favorite too- try the toffee when you can- that is wonderful too!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Shagdoll
on 1/23/13 8:10 am

When I was in Vegas last October, my friend ordered a Salted Caramel Frap from Starbucks that I took a sip from.  Talk about salt overload!  Since then I have been afraid to try the SF Salted Caramel syrup.  Maybe they used a heavy hand and I need to buy a bottle?  Hum...

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Missdede
on 1/23/13 12:51 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/10/12

Yeah, these aren't salty like that.  I asked Starbucks if they could sell me a bottle of salted caramel (assumed that's what they use), but apparently it isn't.  They don't use Torani syrups here at Starbucks, I thought they did.

daniparis
on 1/23/13 9:05 am - Richardson, TX

Yum!!! Thanks, Goona try it tomorrow morning!!!

Hope you can get more syrup soon..

bjalberta
on 1/23/13 9:41 am - Canada
VSG on 03/20/12

I too live in Alberta .... Cold, cold, COLD!!  I have found a very large selection of these syrups at "the Grocery People" in Edmonton.      There was almost an entire grocery aisle. So if you are anywhere near this store, you might find what you are looking for.  

HW 325     SW 303    CW 245.    GW  170
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 103 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 328 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 377 views