Week 15 Post Op - Slower Weight Loss & Higher Hair Loss

jjldh_va
on 1/24/13 3:04 am
VSG on 10/09/12 with

OK Guys and Gals, I have not posted here for quite a while.  [Smaking my own hand]

So I am in week 15 now.  Have noticed I am not getting in enough water, or protein, though I am still still losing, it has slowed to 1.5lbs per week when I was always a 2-3lb per week person.  I even had a 1.6lb gain around the holidays (darn them).  I know I need to get back to the basics of water and protein and see if that helps.  Getting to the gym only periodically... especially now with school back in session.

Total loss since surgery is 44lbs, but since my highest weight is 59lbs. My next goal is to get to 220lbs, which I am only 16lbs from.  I am almost halfway to my goal!! 

I am losing my hair though, by the handful and it is KILLING me.  Used to be, my hair was one of the only things I liked about myself, so now with it so thin you can see my scalp, it is really difficult for me to deal with. I know the Biotin will help with regrowth to make it faster, but what about Zink?  Also, did anyone just go ahead and try Rogaine?

Has anyone else noticed something else?  Have your relationships started to shift?  People you used to be close to being very distant, and people who you were not close to being supportive and complimentary?

~JJ~    Surgery w/ Dr. Alvarez on Oct 9 2012  ~ HW 300?? ~ SW280.0 ~ CW 217.6

mimij
on 1/24/13 3:17 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

I haven't experienced hair loss, but I am a stickler for getting my protein in each day even if I am not hungry and have to be creative with it. I have a coworker who had VSG 5 months before me. She experienced hair loss and upped her protein by going back on 1 shake per day and her hair loss stopped shortly after that.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

pml_rs
on 1/24/13 4:30 am

Hello!  We could be twins!  I'm doing the same thing you are.  I'm not good at getting my water or protein in.  I just eat really small meals and I do eat a snack around 3 everyday.  I also have hair loss.  I'm not as bad, but I have clumps everyday.  It's eased up a little though.  My weight loss isn't as steady as yours though.  I've been stalling and I know that it's due to my lack of water.  Good luck and let me know how you are doing and if it changes.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 252 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views