Anyone with Aetna insurance????

vsgme2013
on 1/27/13 9:35 am

So, I am a revision patient and I had my band removed on 1/4/13.  My insurance is currently reviewing my revision to the sleeve and I was wondering if anyone out there also had a similar situation and had Aetna insurance.  They have been really good so far but I am worried that they will require me to be under supervised dieting again or make me jump through any other hoops prior to getting my approval.  We had tentatively set my surgery date for 2/20/13 but now I am worried that it is going to have to be pushed out further.  Of course I will do what is necessary but dealing with the hardships of the band for 3+ years I am really ready to get on the other side of this surgery and get this weight off. 

Lexie 84
on 1/27/13 10:30 am - Washington, DC
VSG on 03/13/12

I wasn't a revision patient but I do have Aetna. I don't think anyone doing a revision has to go through the supervised program though...with any insurance company. But let's see what the other responders say because I'm not the expert on this! :) Good luck with everything!

VerucaSallt
on 1/27/13 8:01 pm - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

My Dr. "fastracked" me where I only had to be supervised for 3 months.  I didn't have a revision, but I got approval no problem.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views