Finding that I'm discovering myself

sheranfour
on 1/27/13 6:55 pm

Hi guys!

Really cool thing just happened to me...at least I think it's cool.

I have the day off from work today so I can take my Mom in for her Colonoscopy. So I'm getting dressed and, since  don't have to "impress anyone" I put on a older sweater and a turtle neck. I started trudging around the house doing my morning prep before I get the kids up, and realized I'm muttering to myself and feeling grumpy and dumpy. I take a look at myself in the mirror, and realized I feel crappy dressed in these clothes! So I change into something a bit to "nice" for a colonscopy...but I now feel happy, pretty and I'm in a great mood! I even changed my trouser socks because the ones I had on first had a hole...and THAT even the hole made me feel crappy!

So this is what I've learned...I still send myself negative messages about myself if I don't go the extra steps to dedicate myself to ME. If I listen to my inner voice...I HAVE THE POWER to make changes that make myself feel good! I never really paid attention to that before!

I love my VSG and all the wonderful new parts of me I'm getting to know...now that I put myself in the front seat!!

Hope you all have a great Monday!!

Peace!

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
ParisGirl
on 1/27/13 8:31 pm, edited 1/28/13 4:30 am
VSG on 04/25/13
What a great discovery!!! Own your life and live it authentically!

red42897
on 1/27/13 8:39 pm
VSG on 08/20/12

Very cool!  I have been realizing that I need to finally start buying some things for myself.  I had pants that fit me (from previous weight losses) but not really any shirts that fit right. I bought a couple and along with some new pants after I finally got too small for the others and not only do I feel better about myself, I get a lot of compliments like people are seeing this weight loss for the first time. It makes such a difference. 

Go girl!

HW:280 SW: 259 CW: 181.2

mary d
on 1/27/13 8:44 pm

Great post Deb!!

I find that taking care of myself in all ways keeps me happy.  Sometimes taking care of myself means staying in my PJs are day and not even combing my hair!!!

But for the must part, it means pampering and wearing flattering and hip clothes and making the most of my looks.  Confidence is very attractive.

Keep up the good work and keep discovering you.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

sleevegirl
on 1/27/13 8:56 pm - Austin, TX

This is one of the HUGE reasons that I don't wear clothes that don't fit... wearing baggy "tents" is something I did for many years... when they reach a certain stage I do notice that my mood plummets. Good for you. Now toss those clothes if they make you feel dumpy. Life is too short!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/27/13 9:43 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Absolutely!!! I love that about the VSG and its results. My results I should say...

I bought a whole bunch of new stuff including high heels this last weekend and am wearing a skirt and heels to the office today. Haven't worn a skirt in years... seems like forever! Or heels!!! My self esteem is through the roof.. I never really had any self esteem issues, or so I thought! Now I am as tall as the Empire State Building ... all five foot nothing of me!

So yeah, looking good really pays in many ways. Keep rocking it!!! You are doing great!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

sheranfour
on 1/27/13 11:40 pm
Oh wow!
I think that will be a new goal for me!!!! High heels!!! I haven't thought abt heels in 20 yrs!!! Thanks for pointing me to my next NSC goal!!!
That's great you're in heels AND a skirt!!! You should post a pic!!! You must look and feel awesome!!!! Yay you!!!!!!
Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/13 6:51 am

Want you to know that this goes for the guys, too. I used to just throw on whatever fit, look like a schlep, and was done with it. I generally looked beige and frumpy. Anything to just blend in worked for me. Not so much anymore! LOL!

I wear colors and take the time to look my best. It makes me feel good and when I feel good, I think I carry myself more positively and people react accordingly. It is a powerful feeling.

Like Sleevegirl, I will not wear old, oversized clothing. EVER!!!! I enjoy wearing clothes that fit and that are even form fitting. I'm not embarrassed by my appearance and that is huge.

Congrats on your awakening. It's a very important one, IMO.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 379 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 415 views