working out with not much of a result

lmf1964
on 1/28/13 7:30 am - MI
VSG on 03/28/12

So I finally got a gym membership a week ago.  I do 1 mile on treadmill and 2 miles on the bike and machines in between.  I have done this 4 times this week.  I go an weigh today and I am only down 1 pound. 

What is going on?

"Some day I WILL be a beautiful butterfly" - Heimlich from 'Bugs Life'     
Ms Shell
on 1/28/13 8:45 am - Hawthorne, CA

My biggest advice and I'm telling MYSELF because I been to the gym 13 times this month eating better then I have in MONTH and I am only down 3lbs...sooooo stay off the scale.  What you are doing is what will help you for a LIFETIME but the scale may not reflect it. 

Take your measurements.  Take a before picture etc etc.

Good luck.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

howarli
on 1/28/13 10:18 pm - MD

thanks for that advice, I really needed it since I was in onederland a few weeks ago but not anymore.  I'm back to my normal routine of working out 3 times a week in addition to walking each morning.  I guess I'm building muscle.  But I just hate seeing that NUMBER 2222222222222222

magavik70
on 1/28/13 12:33 pm

Don't worry about the scale, you're making yourself healthier!!  I find any kind of transition for my body slows the weight loss, but know it'll pay off in the long run -- both for your health AND the scale!  :)