Pureed Stage Recipes!!!!!

Newtowngirl66
on 1/31/13 1:19 pm - Newtown, PA
VSG on 01/23/13

Hiya!!

I was sleeved on 1/23 and so far so good.. Taking everything in stride.. But I am very excited to get to

the Pureed Stage which for me will be SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!!

I am hoping for some help with recipes for the supper bowl party but also to keep me interested in

this stage...

Thanks for any recipes!!

Kris

LNC62
on 1/31/13 1:30 pm - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

Recipes?  There aren't a lot of choices to eat in the pureed stage.  Cottage cheese, yogurt, tofu, scrambled or poached egg.  You can only eat one egg or about 1/4 cup of the rest.  The only addition I did was added crystal light lemonade or orange flavored protein powder to my yogurt because I don't like NF plain greek yogurt by itself.  You want to avoid flavored yogurts because of the added sugar.  I suppose others had more choices of foods, but my plan was limited and I like to keep it simple.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/31/13 1:37 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

I don't know what is allowed on your pureed stage. My full fluids was like the stage described above me...

What is allowed on your stage?

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Calking
on 1/31/13 3:42 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

Two links for recipes I know are The World According to Eggface ... http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Also my friend, Dave Schronce has a website he put together for people that have had weight loss surgery including himself for various stages of the process from the loosing to the maintenance phase ... go to the link and click into the section WLS Friendly ...

http://www.schronce.net/forum/index.php?16

By the way my nutritionist says that pureed means basically anything you can mush with a fork.  One of the things I did was canned chicken (be careful as some of them are high sodium) (you also want the breast (white) meat).  For now I would stay away from the dark meat chicken.  I would put a can in the blender with Walden Farms BBQ Sauce (0 calorie, carb, fat).  I would blend it up and then heat in the microwave.  There are too versions of the Walden Farms BBQ sauce and one of them is spicy.  I would caution you on the spicy one although I had no issues with it early on.  Also Walden Farms has a 0 calorie Bacon Ranch Dressing.  That blends up well with the chicken and also with canned tuna.  

Walden Farms has a lot of 0 calorie products including peanut butter, chocolate peanut butter, caramel syrup and caramel dip, chocolate syrup and chocolate dip (the dips being thicker).  I think that there is even a pancake syrup from them which could go well on ... the perfect pumpkin pancakes ... recipe -->

http://www.blogilates.com/recipe-index/clean-perfect-pumpkin -protein-pancake-recipe

Hope this helps some.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Sleeveless
on 1/31/13 5:15 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

In addition to the other suggestions, during the mushy stage I had fat free refried beans with protein powder mixed in. That could be a fun Super Bowl treat, though of course you won't be able to eat much of it.

nmcmanus66
on 2/1/13 8:15 am - CA

I was sleeved on 1/21 you've got 2 days on me but I have been researching pureed recipes and so far not much that I like but I'm a picky eater. a lot of the recipes i've found sound disgusting. i might as well eat baby food.

refried beans with a little salsa /cheese/sour cream mashed potatoes yogurt well well done cauliflower, broccoli, anything you can easily mash with your fork. tuna, egg salad.

good luck beauty!! i'm so glad i did this and so excited for this journey

mary d
on 2/1/13 8:23 am

You could make a pot of chili and mash up some for you, just make sure you cook it until the meat is very tender.  Egg salad is good too. Ricotta topped with marinara sauce and grated cheese,

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 286 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 337 views