HOT TOPIC.....**BEWARE GROSS TOPIC**

Cherdra
on 2/2/13 1:41 pm, edited 2/2/13 1:58 pm - Pickering, Canada

For the past 2 days now I have had diarrhea, a typical day of food intake is as follows: A protein shake in the morning, some sort of meat (3 oz.) (chicken, ham, turkey etc.) for lunch with 1/2 a wrap or 1 slice of weigh****cher bread, a dill pickle, and for dinner meat (3 oz). small amount of mashed potatoes made with fat free soup broth, green beans and during the day maybe 1/2 banana, sugar free popsicle, (5 oz.) of tomato juice, a cup of beef or chicken broth, and approximately 1.5 to 2 Litres of water. As I mentioned for the past 2 days I am having diarrhea the problem is in the beginning I will urinate at the same time when I go to the bathroom, but after a while I only have the diarrhea that pours out like water and no urine, and this goes on for hours, Every time after I use the bathroom, I try and drink some water etc. to hydrate myself but then I am running to the bathroom again with the same problem.

Has anyone else had any similar problems. I really do not want to got to the hospital for this, so any help would be so appreciated, also is there anything I could take like imodium, kaopectate etc.

PS I am also taking all of my required vitamins.

Also in the past few days I have lost no weight, I would have thought because everything is pretty much coming out of me I would have seen some sort of weight loss?

Thanks so much,

Cheryl

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 2/2/13 2:21 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
You should see a doctor at the least. Oral rehydration salts may be a good idea or you risk dehydration.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

mickeymantle
on 2/2/13 2:25 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

when was your surgery , sounds like your eating a lot

call the doctor before you get dehydrated

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Infaith72
on 2/2/13 2:28 pm - AK
Hello! Me and my friend who is a nurse, were having a conversation the other day. And she told me that at the extended care facility she works at the drs prescribe metamucil for both constipation and diarrhea. Go figure, but its worth a try.
Good luck!!!
Lynnegetsbrave
on 2/2/13 2:29 pm

Your sleeve is not that old...I had mine 12/6 and I can't imagine eating some of the things you are.  I know different people have different beliefs about what to eat and how much carbs.  First my NUT said no tomatoes...way too acidic and they would probably  make me sic****il about six months out.  I don't eat each breads, potatoes anything.  I would suggest you call your surgeon but also go back to basics.  I am sure some of the seasoned vets will have some ideas for you as well.  Hang in there...

LilSleeved
on 2/2/13 2:37 pm

I am not sure how far out you are, but you are eating a lot.  I know it's not a lot in comparison to what you may have eaten prior but I am 4 months out and cannot eat half of what you eat.  I am not judging, just concerned.

I, however, do not think your diarrhea is Sleeve related.  I think you may have a stomach virus.  There are some bad ones going around right now.

Call your doctor and see if you can get in first thing on Monday if this continues.  Lastly, don't drink large amounts at once, it can cause you to have more diarrhea, sit your alarm for 30 mins and drink a few oz every 30 mins.  Just slowly.

Good luck! you should miserable!

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

jen_vsg_4me
on 2/2/13 3:23 pm - Iaeger, WV
VSG on 01/23/13

My surgeon said that if I have diarrhea or vomiting, go back to liquids for 24 hours.

My youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/ShrinkingJenn

Surgery Date: January 23, 2013

Cherdra
on 2/2/13 3:40 pm - Pickering, Canada

My surgery was Nov 13, 2012, everything I am eating was either approved or suggested by my Dietician as I only like a handful of fruits and vegetables. It is definitely related to my sleeve, I do not have the flu.

Thanks for any help

Cheryl

LilSleeved
on 2/2/13 4:21 pm, edited 2/2/13 5:06 pm

I have an approved list too, but I have to tweak my eating to get my required protein in without adding nutritionally dense foods.  Our stomachs are so tiny, I would just wouldn't take up the space with something like a pickle. 

There is a "gastric flu" that is going around that only causes diarrhea, no vomiting or body aches, just liquid stools.

I'm a nurse and I have seen many patients in our practice with this only one symptom.

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

KnitsByMama
on 2/2/13 10:38 pm - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

I was told by my NUT to increase my salt intake and she actually recommended pickles. I get the no sugar added baby kosher dills and have 2 or 3 a day. Has helped my dizziness/black outs due to low BP after my VSG. Not sure if he was told for the same reason, but they say pickles are one of the easiest ways to increase your salt intake in a healthy way. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views