It happened...and I can't let it happen again!

sheranfour
on 2/3/13 10:13 am

Hi guys,

No...I'm still fine on plan. Even lost a lb today after a stall.

What happened is that I let life tear my focus away from ME...and all the keys to my success. I'm moody and in an emotional place that is the first slippery slope to falling into a dangerous territory food wise.  My history is that I put everyone first and me last, and let my super busy schedule control me and overrun my goals. I give into the demands of my work and family schedules and I just bump along the road trying to keep up. Trying to make everyone happy...but me.

So what's happening now is that I haven't been writing my food down, haven't been planning my food in advance, not coming here on a regular basis, weighing more obsessively because I had hit a stall...and letting myself slip into a little depression. Today...I feel well...yuck.

In order to stop this path I'm on, which I have to stop NOW, I'm going to back to my routine that works and starting my day and ending my day here on OH. I think I feel lonely without my daily OH contact??? Strange...I know...go figure.

So here I am...watching the superbowl that the PATS aren't in...routing for the NINERS...because I know alot of my OH family are devout fans!

Here's a big hug for my OH family

And a "Good Bye" to my moodiness

Peace all!

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
mary d
on 2/3/13 11:25 am

reading through i realized that letting life get out of control and that taking the path of least resistance is my trigger, not food itself.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

janielynne
on 2/3/13 11:37 am

Deb

You and I seem to be in the same place right now.  I made my own food journal this weekend, and I'm hoping that I can get back on track.

I too have not been on OH in ages.  So i will steal your idea and be on here every evening.

I wish you luck and will hope to talk to you and get us both back on track.

Mojen
on 2/3/13 5:11 pm - IA
VSG on 08/14/12

Hugs right back at you girl!  

Jenn D.         

Sleeveless
on 2/3/13 5:53 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Deb, I did notice you hadn't been posting. Welcome back! I will be looking for you on here, and wish you good spirits as you balance your life and prioritize your needs.

Hugs to you!

sheranfour
on 2/3/13 6:38 pm

Sleeveless,

You noticed I hadn't been posting? Wow!!! There are so many folks here with so much to say, so much going on, and you noticed ME not here? If you only knew how much that means to me...if you only knew.

Thank you!!!

Hugs back at you!!!!

Peace

~Deb

Sleeveless
on 2/4/13 3:51 am - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

:-)

sheranfour
on 2/3/13 6:35 pm

Oh! Hey guys!

Thanks so much for the kind words!!!!! I actually teared up reading your responses ( told ya I was moody)

We are all so different, live in different parts of the world, have different surgeons and have different triggers. But one thing we all have in common is that we all had/or are having VSG...we've "been there and done that" with the diet rollercoaster, and we ALL have the will to succeed. We gotta do it TOGETHER...I'm convinced there is no other way.

YAY US!!!!!

Peace all!!!

Love you guys!!!

~Deb

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views