Does reading this board ever make you too critical on yourself and others? It does me...

AdeanaMarie
on 2/4/13 4:15 am, edited 2/4/13 4:20 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Sometimes I am so bothered by the posts on here it drives me crazy.  Silly right?  Why would it? Gets me thinking about how I view myself and view others I guess.  Why would I be critical of something that actually worked for someone else, but doesn't work for me?  Or why would I care that others do not follow the same eating plan?  Some ideas seem so ridiculous I just want to scream, "HEY did you think this through"!  Or, "Life happens people, relax a bit".

I am either doubting what works for me or doubting what works for someone else.  Or feeling crappy about myself and my plan.  Truth be told, we are all different and while certain plans work for some, they do not work in the long haul for others.  Sometimes I am leery even to post on here, fearful of the negative response I may receive from OH posters.

Am I alone in this?  

While I do get encouragement and ideas on here, it does not replace the plan I received from my nutritionist nor do I stop seeking professional medical attention for health issues.

FYI everyone (including myself), please draw it mild.  These are real people, with real feelings, looking for encouragement and guidance.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/13 4:17 am - WA

Considering all the warnings I have received from women about the crazy train of hormones that come about with rapid weight loss I am impressed the board is as calm and civil as it is!!! 

AdeanaMarie
on 2/4/13 4:18 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

That is somewhat true!  Ha!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

happiegirl
on 2/4/13 4:29 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12

Yes, sometimes people are too critical and sometimes I'm so mad that people get to eat carbs!  Why can't I eat carbs : (  Why do I lose so slow : (  I think people probably believe I eat too many carbs and too many calories. Lol but I don't!  It just truly is that people are different.  With that said some people need the harsh wake up call...some need to be told gently.  Either way I think we have both sides here.  For me I was in complete denial before I started.  Still no one could say anything to me so I needed the subtle approach....different people...different plans....all one goal.  In the end, all that matters is that we keep trying.  Some people here are harsh...but some people need and appreciate that.  Even if I'd like to punch them in the face...lol whatever!

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

AdeanaMarie
on 2/4/13 4:35 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

I guess I am more on the sensitive end.  But not for myself, I can take it. I think I am more sensitive towards what others may feel.  But you are right, maybe it is what they need in the moment.  I think I just need to not read so many posts and only get on once in awhile, instead of every day.  :O)

danixbanani
on 2/4/13 4:59 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

I am totally with you on this.  My best advice is to take everything with a grain of salt.  enlightened

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 2/4/13 5:10 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Salt will make you retain water. Better to use LoSalt.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

sheranfour
on 2/4/13 9:19 am

Cute Wantmylife!!!kiss

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 2/4/13 4:44 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
I know.. couldn't resist. You just handed that one to me!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

mary d
on 2/4/13 6:42 am

I have learned very valuable things from all walks on this board.  We all won't agree on everything all of the time or even most things some of the time.  I learned very early that one day I might think someone is nuts and the next day I am agreeing with everything they say.  I think most of us find ourselves in one camp or another, but this is the way it is in other areas of our lives.

It is just very fortunate that we have this place to share experiences and learn from each other.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 442 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views