Protein Shake's

Cherdra
on 2/5/13 9:19 am - Pickering, Canada

Hello Everyone,

You you please give me some advice on the BEST protein drinks for  sleevers. That are high on Protein and low / no sugar. 

Thanks,

Cheryl

pedirn06
on 2/5/13 9:53 am
VSG on 01/26/12
Syntax nectar
pedirn06

Emilyr0011
on 2/5/13 9:56 am
This. Zero carbs, good variety of flavors.

H - 5'4" SW 260 / CW 133 / GW 150 GOAL in 9 mo 11 days!

algundiasereflaca
on 2/5/13 9:54 am

Isopure @GNC - powder 50 grams of protein per 2 scoops ( I personally don't like it, but I'm extremly picky) also Premier protein 30mg of protein for 11 oz already made- that one does takes good... you can find it at Costco or Walmart....  if you find any please keep me informed, lol.....good luck

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/13 10:48 am - PA
Carnation instant breakfast, no sugar added
Latse
on 2/5/13 11:26 am
VSG on 06/18/12

I use the Premier Shakes from Costco, normally mixed 50/50 with my AM Coffee. 

I also ordered the sampler pack of nectars, I liked most of them, they are a nice break from Chocolate or Vanilla. Now I just have to decide what flavor to order

Carnation instant breakfast  is only 5g protein per packet and 12 carbs.  If you mix with cows milk you will get more protein but also a lot more carbs. 

Slim Fast does have a high protein variety now that has 20g of protein but I forget how many carbs

I have also tried EAS carb control vanilla 100 calories 3 carbs 17 protein, for me it was way too sweet.

There are tons of options out there read labels, if available just buy one instead of a case or big tub.  GNC will mix up some of there shakes for you to try in the store before you buy. 

Starting/Highest Weight 340, Surgery Weight 306,
Post op:
M1-20lb, M2-14, M3-15, M4-11, M5-10, M6-10, M7-8, M8-4, M9-4, M10-5

melzbelz
on 2/5/13 11:56 am - La Marque, TX

Protein shakes often upset my stomach.  But one I can always tolerate:  1 scoop Unjury Protein Powder, one envelope of Crystal Light (preferably Cherry Pomegranate flavor), about 2 cups water.  Mix well, add plenty of ice.  Serve really cold.  Tastes like liquid Jello. 

For meal replacement, I mix Greek Yogurt, almond milk, ricotta or cottage cheese, frozen banana or other fruit, (or chocolate PB2) with a scoop or 2 of Unjury protein and plenty of ice.  Depending on the ingredients, you may want to add a bit of Splenda to taste. But don't make it too sweet.  That gets old quick

You can really pack in the protein.  I like the taste, but often end up queasy afterward.  Even if I drink it slow and really cold.  I read somewhere that a little bit of cream really improves the texture of shakes, so sometimes I add a teaspoon of cream.  It seems like the cream settles my stomach too.  I think the little added fat is worth it, sometimes.  

angelladyclaire
on 2/5/13 12:53 pm - MO

I am pre-op but am using 1st Phorm level 1 protein shakes. 23g protein 5 carbs (2 sugar) per scoop. 135 cal. per scoop. They are available only at supplement superstores or through the manufacturer, though. A little pricy, but taste better than most and like I said, low carb, low sugar for the protein you get.

BuckeyeGirl
on 2/13/13 11:10 am - TN

I live near St. Louis and I heart supplement superstore. The staff are so friendly. I don't like many protein powders, but I just got some 1st Phorm Ice Cream Sandwich powder...add in a little PB2....YUM!

Lindsey

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views