Neurontin...Anyone ever take this?

stephanieplum
on 2/4/13 11:38 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

I'm having some back issues and my Dr. has suggested this drug.  I have a call into my surgeon about safety issues with the sleeve.  Wondering if anyone here has taken this???  Thanks!

rhinorg
on 2/4/13 11:45 pm

I take various meds (Doctor prescribed) for back from time to time..no issues..But Id ask a Pharmacist  (My Daughter)  and get the next answer...

acbbrown
on 2/4/13 11:54 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I cant imagine that the sleeve poses any issues - that's one of the upsides in my opinion to the VSG over the RNY/DS - normal stomach, normal absorption. I havent heard of the sleeve limiting any kinds or types of medications.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

stephanieplum
on 2/5/13 1:40 am
VSG on 06/27/12

I know you're right, but for some reason I always ck before I take something.  Paranoid, I guess...lol

P.S.  Happy to see you back.  I missed you!

Terrimarv
on 2/5/13 1:16 pm - IL
VSG on 12/04/12
A little healthy paranoia never hurt anyone. If it did, every single one of on this forum would be goners! We're all convinced that we're the exception to the rule, and that everyone except us is dropping weight by the bucketful while we eat protein and water and stall. Nothing wrong with being cautious. Good luck--hope this works out well for you.

colomama2G
on 2/5/13 1:10 am
I took it for a while post sleeve...no problems, sleeve-wise.
anninva
on 2/5/13 4:26 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with

Hi!  I've been taking Neurontin for a long tme and am still taking it now with absolutely no problem.  i take a fair amount, 400 mg 2x/day and 1200 at bedtime and i bet you will be given a lot less.

my partner has back issues too (seems to be an arthritis problem of all things!) and while Neurontin didn't help too much, she has had luck with Lyrica.

of course, talk to your doc, but honestly i've been taking this scince two days after the surgery 2 years ago and no ill effects!

good luck!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

SuzanneR
on 2/5/13 4:39 am - Randolph, NJ

I refused Nuerontin and Lyrica because of potential side effects of weight gain...I went for acupuncture and Chinese herbs and they were a miracle for my back.

Hislady
on 2/5/13 8:12 am - Vancouver, WA

I've been taking it for several months and haven't had any weight gain issues, I have a band so I'm not a sleever. The best part about neurontin is that it interacts with very few other drugs and you have a really wide range of dosages. I don't remember exactly how much my neurologist said I could take but it was a huge dose compared to what I'm taking now. A pharmacist is great source of info one drugs, they may not know how it relates to a sleeve but they know probably more than most docs.

stephanieplum
on 2/5/13 9:16 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Thank you for your responses!!!  I appreciate it:)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 262 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views