Survived the storm

sheranfour
on 2/11/13 6:44 pm

Hi gang!!

Sorry I was MIA for 5 days! As I mentioned in my last post last week, I was living at work to help manage our facility during the blizzard.

I did leave my house Friday morning, and returned home Sunday afternoon. THANKFULLY all my planning worked!!! I shopped for my VSG and packed and planned for success. I had a "snack platter" in my fridge that had silverdollars of smoked turkey and ham with little squares of different cheeses, a big old bag of oranges, turkey meatballs in my freezer, and water. My boss had the kitchen feed us all - 3 meals a day...and THANKFULLY we have a rockin kitchen staff! They know abt my food needs, and on the pasta night, they made me my own VSG friendly eggplant parm! ( Just eggplant and cheese...no breading and just tom chuncks)

Now, don't get me wrong...did I want the yummy hot pasta and comfort foods??? You bet I did! But I knew that the storm was temporary. I knew I would be going home Sunday...I know the snow will melt. But If I ate "for the moment" and indulged...the scale and guilt would be patiently waiting at home for me...and I would be in big trouble. I had no intention on dealing with that mess....so not worth it.

SO....I get on Mr. scale this morning..and I'm down 2#!!! So my personal total is 105# and finally on my OH ticker I'm down 100#!!! ( My BEFORE pre- op was 323#).

I'm thrilled!!! It's so funny and strange to be proud of myself instead of guilty and sad all the time. I love my VSG!!!

Peace All!!!

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
frisco
on 2/11/13 7:09 pm

Way to be !!!!

That's commitment and compliance..... !!!

Congrats on the hundred !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Nancybefree
on 2/11/13 8:24 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

Deb, so many AWESOME victories there!  Congratulations!

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

mary d
on 2/11/13 8:34 pm

Wow, now that is total success.  Double kudos to the kitchen staff for making you the eggplant parm.  Give them a big kiss for that!!

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

mildollarsmile
on 2/11/13 11:48 pm - SE, TX
VSG on 03/11/13

That is so awesome!! So proud of you! Congratulations on your weight loss success!! 

Melanie -- HW:320 SW:300 CW:277.2 GW:150 

pineview01
on 2/11/13 11:52 pm - Davison, MI

Congratulations on your fortitude!  Now you need one of those OH century banners in you siggy.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

IHeartMexico
on 2/12/13 12:14 am
VSG on 01/21/13
Good job !

I always say .. The reason why people fail is because they fail to prepare !

You defiantly had a plan and you rocked it !!

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/13 1:05 am

You are a rock star!  Awesome and inspirational.

sheranfour
on 2/12/13 11:10 am, edited 2/12/13 11:11 am

Hey Guys!!

Thanks so much!!!!!

I never thought of that banner!!! I think I'll find out how to get me onemail

Peace All!

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views