Arm flab exercises..

KnitsByMama
on 2/13/13 9:23 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

I want to tone up what muscles I do have under these batwings. 

Dumbbells or Resistance band/ropes?

vabella
on 2/13/13 9:35 am - TX

I do the resistance bands.  they work great there are many different resistants available to work up to and if you shorten your grip you can tighten them and add more resistance.  I do daily upper arm exercise reps of (8) 4x alternating between each arm exersice for the arms and have lost 3 in. in  my arms in 3 months.  they are more defined  now but not bulked.  Just wanted to ask if you noticed this or if it was just me.  here goes.  before i lost weight with the vsg i was more solid and felt more toned.  Now if feel all mushy and flabby even though im exercising have any thoughts on this?  best of luck

jen

rissa1224
on 2/13/13 10:01 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I joke around with my god daughter and my friend (she is post RNY) about our wings, and we pretend that if we flap them fast enough- we can fly. LOL

I would be interested in knowing answeres to this as well. My wings are saggy and bleh. 

godsdiva4life
on 2/13/13 10:51 am - Frisco, TX

I do a combination of weights, bands, and body weight.  The elasticity will go back but you have to work every muscle group in the arm not just the  triceps.

Wildcat-NYC
on 2/13/13 11:28 am
VSG on 08/16/12

I use dumbbells...Sometimes that only thing you can do it surgery.  Your skin will adjust, but the wings may still be there.

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
KnitsByMama
on 2/13/13 11:33 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

Yeah, I know I will for sure have batwings & need plastics but I want to tone what muscle I do have under there! :0)

Crabadams72
on 2/13/13 7:32 pm - Silver Spring, MD
I was concerned about my arms early out.
I do lady pushups, chair dips, wall pushups, arm curls w barbells, skull crushers, side arm raises w barbells. (google if u don't know what these are).
Arms show improvement in 3 weeks. Do 3 sets of 12.

I still have a bit of flab under my arms but ther are quite muscular now.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views