3 months post VSG

vabella
on 2/13/13 9:25 am - TX

Ok heres my story.  This is what my tool has done for me.  I stay on protein high diet not a lot a room left for veggies yet.

highest weight was 220 lbs

pre op weight  was 212 lbs

1st month weight 185 lbs   that is down 27 lbs!!!

2nd month weight 172 lbs  that is down 13 lbs!!!

3rd month weight is 162 lbs that is down 10 lbs!!!

for a total of 50 lbs down.   and i have lost a total of 32 inches  and went form a size 18 to a 11 junior 

I have some pic but i dont know how to get them on any of these pages or my profile page will work on getting them there.

I have always been a yo yo diet person who would lose with the aid of diet pills but would always gain it back.  Im so glad i did this if your thinking about it  this works.  You still have to follow your doctors diet and exercise plan but if you do you will lose.  This is the tool that works for you if you follow the plan.  It does not do the work for you but dose aid in the ability to do it.

jen

MuttLover
on 2/13/13 9:28 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Great work!  I was wondering how things were going for you!  Tomorrow is my 3 month date, but I weigh on Saturdays, so I'll be updating on Saturday!   Congrats on your success!

Keep up the good work!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

vabella
on 2/13/13 9:49 am, edited 2/13/13 9:59 am - TX

Thanks.   Looks like you have done great to.  This is a permanent loss not the yo you diet like before for me  still trying to get that in my head.  I still weight every day cant stop and these last 2 months the weight has slowed down and im trying to adjust to that.  Im afraid that i will stall and never get to my goal.  Thats the old diet for you talking.  I don't do protein shakes and eat small amounts of protein only 1 1/2 to 2 oz at a time so my calorie intake is not a lot under 500 a day, and i walk 5-7 miles a week and just started zumba 2 x a week.  This is a life change eating habits and exercise habits i only hope that they will still be there 6 months, 1 year from now.  I will be looking forward to your update.

jen

novascotiadawn
on 2/13/13 9:37 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nice looking stats!!! Keep it goin!!!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

vabella
on 2/13/13 9:58 am - TX

thanks i plan on it.  Just stay head strong for now.  Im half way there and the next half will be the hardest and most challenging to reach my goal.  Best of luck to you too.  I know this is a life long journey for us all we will have struggles of all different kinds to get through. thanks again for the support. 

jen

sarapilar
on 2/13/13 9:55 am
VSG on 02/21/13

Congrats!  I am really impressed with your exercise plan and commitment.  Walking 5 - 7 miles a day is a lot - how long does it take you to complete that?  Is that outside, or on a treadmill?

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

vabella
on 2/13/13 10:16 am - TX

sorry that was a type o.  I edited it .  It was only 1 mile 5-7 times a week.  I usually walk 1 mile at work on my lunch which takes me about 16-17 min.  and then 2-3 times a week i also walk on my treadmill for 20 min. a little over a mile and then the new zumba classes i started 2 weeks ago for 50 min 2 x a week really like them time goes by so fast and i found a class that make you feel at home and not embarrassed.  I dont have a lot of rhythm but im learning the step and moving  As long as you try and keep moving that is what's important.   learning the steps for the routine takes time.  they are really friendly and some have even stopped to show me the steps..  The most important thing is im having fun and i plan on continuing to go because i enjoy it.  I think thats the first step in making a life long commitment to exercise.  There are some woman that go 4 days a week every day they have class.  I may work toward doing this but for now im starting with 2 days a week. 

Jen

karismommy231
on 2/13/13 10:05 am
VSG on 11/05/12
Congrats girl!!!

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

vabella
on 2/13/13 10:19 am - TX

thanks.    you have do great yourself. 

jen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 378 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 415 views