9 days post op and freeeeeezing!

deemyers
on 2/14/13 2:08 am
VSG on 02/05/13

I am feeling much better although really really tired and unbelievably cold! Is this normal?

slimpickins5280
on 2/14/13 2:13 am - CO

Get a space heater, snuggies, house slippers, and a heating blanket. I got a really cool heaty throw blanket for Christmas.

You are going to be cold. Side effect of losing your insulation (fat).

Some people say it goes away after awhile. I'm almost 16 months post-op and my ass freezes off every single day.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

lesamarie624
on 2/14/13 2:13 am
VSG on 02/04/13

I am not freezing but I am cooler then usual. Which my family loves. haha

JAlston
on 2/14/13 2:15 am
VSG on 12/07/12

Haha, get used to it! Happened to me around the same time. I am 10 weeks post op tomorrow and that hasn't changed and from what I hear and read it doesnt change. My husband thinks it is great because I usually freeze him out but I am fully clothed, coat, slippers and blanket. My husband is like, WHO ARE YOU!? HAHAHAH! However, I do not appreciate the increase heating bills! YUCK!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

sleevegirl
on 2/14/13 2:38 am - Austin, TX

I wish I could tell you it gets better. I'm told it does once you go into maintenance and start taking in more calories. Until then, I'm pretty much always cold. Heater under my desk and... the best thing ever... a heated mattress pad (dual zone so hubby doesn't have to be too hot). BEST THING EVER

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

ADJ70
on 2/14/13 2:57 am
VSG on 12/20/12

I was freezing for the first month.  I am about 2 months out now and no longer freezing, but I do get cold much easier than I did before surgery.  

Kristina39
on 2/14/13 3:07 am - NJ
VSG on 02/05/13
I'm 9 days as well and am freezing too. My nose gets so cold it's weird. Lol

deemyers
on 2/14/13 4:19 am
VSG on 02/05/13

I wish they had warned you about that before the surgery! I would have gone out and bought all that stuff ahead of time. I agree about the heating bills, I have the heater cranked but it still doesn't make it warm enough. oh well, rather be cold and skinny than cold and fluffy. :)

looking forward to that.

nmcmanus66
on 2/14/13 5:26 am - CA

it's too bad those us who are at the same stage in the process couldn't just live under one roof, that would solve the high heating bills!! Me too....I feel your pain. I have NEVER been cold I don't think hardly ever in my life. I've always got fans on and the a/c and windows open, my family thinks I'm trying to either scare them off or kill them LOL. But for the last 3 weeks I've been wearing gloves while I work, all bundled up most of the time. Weird right?

losetowinnow
on 2/14/13 11:00 am

I am sooooooooo ready to be cold. I sweat so easily. I can sweat just looking outside. I live in a very hot & humid climate and sweat walking to the mailbox.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views