Little Restriction with Purees?

joannalu_1970
on 2/15/13 11:52 am - CA
VSG on 01/29/13

I can't tell you all how excited I was to finally reach the puree stage.  Today is my first day.  I watch what I eat, count my proteins, size my portions, etc.  I stop eating when I am supposed to and I'm OK with that.

My question and concern is that I'm not feeling any restriction at this point.  I don't overeat, but I could if I chose to.  I honestly thought I'd reach that full feeling at some point.  But I don't.  I feel hungry about two hours after I eat.  That's OK, because I can snack between meals.  But still, is this my new normal and I need to get used to this "unsatisfied" feeling?  This isn't really a complaint, just wondering if it's normal.  Is four ounces per meal not enough, just two weeks post surgery?

Thank you!

SuzyNZ
on 2/15/13 12:14 pm
VSG on 09/17/12

You won't feel any restriction for probably 6-8 weeks (it was 7 for me).

All the nerves etc in you tummy have been cut and are healing, so you won't feel much which is why measuring everything is so important early out.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

SuzyNZ
on 2/15/13 12:18 pm
VSG on 09/17/12

PS...I couldn't do 4 oz early out (still can't), even though my NUTs plan said so.  I told her I could only do 2 and she was totally fine with that.  Always under eat, especially at the early stage so you don't damage your new tummy

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

hollirrose
on 2/15/13 1:53 pm
VSG on 04/21/12
I thought my sleeve was broken ... No restriction with fluids and never felt full with puree. Got to the "real" food stage and finally understood what restriction was all about. Im almost 10 months out and a meal for me is 2 - 2.5 oz of dense protein. I was also hungry for at least 3 weeks after surgey. Im not sure on the 4 oz. Dont wait for full to stop eating...it is not what it was pre op. Go for satisfied. Best of luck!
mary d
on 2/15/13 7:14 pm

It's not about anything but healing at this point.  You will feel restriction when you move on to solids.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

Kevin H.
on 2/15/13 10:09 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12

I did a barium test a while back and watched me swallow it on the x-ray machine / computer.  It went down, through my sleeve and directly into the small bowel.  Liquids dont stay in your sleeve so your not going to feel full ....  at least I dont.  It was neat to watch but it made me realize why a protein shake does not fill me up.  I was quite surprised how quick it left my sleeve.  It literally only took seconds to go right on through.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views