Sleepy scale... it's really a blessing

sheranfour
on 2/14/13 7:15 pm

Happy Friday all!

So, I was always one of the "weigh yourself once a week...and once a week only" kind of people. But since VSG I weigh every Tues and Fri. I feel safer keeping a close eye on any movement, or NON movement, that it shows. I'm 5 months out(9/11) and down 105 (my BEFORE preo-op diet weight). Couldn't be happier.

BUT...my scale always awarded me a loss every Tues and Fri. Until the past month. One of the things I love about OH...is that the vets keep us all very well informed of what's ahead...so we have a plan in place ( fail to plan...). So I knew this would happen.

The timing is actually a real blessing for me. First...I FINALLY have a day off work (no day off for 11 days...due to blizzard ) so I made plans with my two best friends, who I never see. We'll be out all day and this includes breakfast and lunch. I already had a plan in place of what to eat at both places..no brainer for me. I'd lie if I said I didn't plan on having an extra egg, or a salad with some salad dressing. BUT thanks to my scale sleeping this morning ( no loss)...I've woken MYSELF up to the realization that I can not waiver...or give into that little voice that says " oh...go ahead...whats a little extra fat and protein". No way!

Second...I've put it off long enough. Tonight, when I get home...IT IS TIME TO GET INTO MY EXERCISE ROUTINE. I've not truly dedicated myself to that...and now my body is saying that it's time...so I will listen and get my butt in gear. Got my elliptical in the basement...and charging the ipod.

It's lent...so as I turn my thoughts upward... I also am thinking that this sleepy scale is a little blessing...to hit the high gear...no more cruise control and expectations of scale movement with just doing the basics. Need to give it all I got...becuase I knew the loss would slow...and now I'm ready to take it on. It's time

Thanks for listening to my morning babbling!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Peace!

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
Nancybefree
on 2/14/13 7:39 pm, edited 2/14/13 7:39 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

Hey, Deb, "babble" like that all day if you want.  What you said is powerful and inspiring stuff for all of us.  You have been doing so well, and you survived that very challenging weekend because of your careful planning and determination.  You can do it!!    Enjoy your day!

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 378 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 415 views