scale victory and heart break :/

carebear32958
on 2/23/13 3:51 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Being a little over 6 months out from my surgery I've dealt with the dreaded stalls.  They come, they go, I don't get to freaked out.  I follow my surgeons plan and everything in the universe rights itself eventually.  And this week was a good week.  I lost 5 lbs.  Yeah me!  But thennnnn...... the gentleman (i'm using that word loosely because my sailor upbringing would make you all blush if you knew what I really wanted to call him) I've been seeing for a while broke up with me via text message this afternoon.  Now normally that wouldn't bother me, except he was the first person I got involved with enough to become intimate with.  Now as some of you know when you lose 80 lbs, **** starts sagging.  It ain't pretty.  I'm proud of my weight loss but honestly struggle with looking at myself naked.  so for me to show this man my naked saggy body and then the next day to break up with me breaks my heart.  I know there has to be someone out there who isn't a flaming doucebag, but come on!  Old Kari would have stopped at Dairy queen and gotten herself a big ole reeses pb cup blizzard and ate the whole thing.  New Kari packed her gym bag and worked out, and plans to keep working out.  thinking of taking a kickboxing class, I suddenly have the urge to hit something. :/ I'm just here to vent because I know alot of you will understand about my insecurities and why this hurts me the way it does.  All my other friends are like "let it go, he was a jerk" and they just don't get it.  But you folks do.  How do you single girls cope with dating?  I'm considering switching sides at this point or maybe joining the sisterhood...Black is slimming right?!?! 

Kari

bob-h
on 2/23/13 4:11 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

I'm not a woman but it sounds like he just passed up one hell of a woman. Some people just don't know when they have something good. Congrats on hitting the gym instead of DQ. Your head is screwed on straight. His wasn't.   broken heart

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

carebear32958
on 2/23/13 4:28 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Thanks Bob! That makes my heart happy :) And your right, his loss.  can't let one jerk derail me now! :D  And don't worry about being a woman, having you respond validates that there are a few good men out there! Thank you 

Kari

Linda B.
on 2/23/13 4:32 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Wow, what a jerk. I don't have any words of wisdom to offer, but I just want to let you know that I'm sorry you have to deal with this. There are great men out there, hopefully someday you will find one. Just consider this guy a frog that you had to kiss to eventually get to your prince.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

carebear32958
on 2/23/13 5:44 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Thank you Linda.  He's out there, I'm starting to think he might be out in one of the space stations but I guess he's out there somewhere. :D

SweetJanee
on 2/23/13 5:23 pm
VSG on 03/26/13
Kari that SUCKS!! girl don't u know your worth? U r valuable beyond words...n to let this man this person in ur intimate circle. Ive Bern there n done that so I'm in no way judging. Have u seen act like a lady think like a man? I keep telling myself I'm going to watch it at least once a month. Sorry ur heart got broken

carebear32958
on 2/23/13 5:39 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Awww, thank you.  Yes I have seen and read Act like a lady think like a man.  Its great in theory but when it comes time to enact it?  LOL, I fizzle out.   I'm young and healthy and this man waited patient for 2 months, I figured any guy willing to spend money on dates and put up with my crazy for that long was serious.  Boy was I wrong :/ But I know better, maybe I will stick to the 90 day cookie rule..... sigh.... I think I will go home and re-read the book this morning. Thanks for the reminder  :D 

Sleeveless
on 2/23/13 5:33 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

I'm so sorry, Kari. That must hurt like hell. Good for you for hitting the gym instead of hitting rock bottom.

Frogs come and go, but the right man will stick around and enjoy everything you have to offer. He wasn't the right one. He was just a minor role in the Story of Kari.

i haven't gotten back out there to date, and am uncertain how much I want to. I would like to have male companionship and intimacy again, but not so much as before.

Hang in there! There will be lots of good things for you ahead.

carebear32958
on 2/23/13 5:42 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Thank you.  I'm feeling better. Its just always the first dive into the freezing water thats the hardest to get over.  I guess once your back in, your in.  And you are right, he was but a chapter in the Story of Kari, just wish my book didn't have quite so many chapters! :/  Lol, can't I be one of those short stories in a magazine?  Its hard to put yourself out there but when you are ready you will be able to do it! :D 

71dart
on 2/23/13 6:52 pm
VSG on 08/06/12 with
By text? Seriously?

Well, you saw him naked and had to notice he had no balls.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views