14 days post op - pain where my gallbladder used to be when I eat

deemyers
on 2/24/13 12:22 pm
VSG on 02/05/13

It doesn't seem to matter what I eat, but I seem to get this ache type of feeling on the upper right hand side of my chest, almost where my gallbladder used to be. This used to happen before surgery as well, but now it's worse. Anyone experience this?

Carmelita
on 2/24/13 10:08 pm - Four Corners, NM

if you are eating...and holdin it down real good...digestin it 

My vote....adhesions....things start to tighten up as we heal inside...ya know like a scraped knee when you were a kid......when it starts to scab...tightens up real uncomfortable....for us..twinges, achy pains, referred pain maybe...adhesions are scar tissue. It can attach to muscle to skin.....may not even notice till YEARS out! why the hell does my side ache all the time? adhesions! 

I would do some good old range of motion type gently STRETCHES...before you get out of bed, flexing all joints relax, arm over head...the first STRETCH of the day (for me anyway,-)

........and dee....never use a surgeon sponsored forum for medical advice....always err on the side of caution .....talk to YOUR surgeon/medical providers okie dokie!

Latse
on 2/24/13 10:10 pm
VSG on 06/18/12

You should be coming up on a 2 week post op with your surgeon, I would ask him/her if it's normal.  Just make sure it's not anything wrong with the sleeve.

I had my gallbladder out 4 months after my sleeve and have been having pinching type pain there intermittently since.  I was told it's scar tissue or phantom pain, nothing I can really do about it.

Starting/Highest Weight 340, Surgery Weight 306,
Post op:
M1-20lb, M2-14, M3-15, M4-11, M5-10, M6-10, M7-8, M8-4, M9-4, M10-5

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op