VSG friendly Chicken Liver Pate recipe needed please...

sheranfour
on 3/1/13 9:30 am

Anyone have a good one?

(Elina...if you read this...I remember you said you did...if you have time, I'd love itkiss)

Grocery shopping in the morning...so if anyone has a VSG friendly one...lay it one me!

Thanks !!!

Peace

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/13 1:54 pm

Take one onion, dice it, combine it with two shredded carrots and saute them until onion is golden brown. Take the onion and carrots out and use the same pan to saute about two tubs of chicken liver, I usually add a handful of flat leaf parsley to the liver while it is cooking.  Once they are cooked, put the liver, the onions and the carrots into the food processor with three hard boiled eggs.  Add salt, pepper as needed.  Cherry ( about 1/2 cup) would go really well with this.  Then blend it up.  It it's too try, add a bit of light mayo, but I usually don't need to do it because of the moisture from the onion and the carrot.  Enjoy. 

sheranfour
on 3/1/13 9:02 pm

Sounds simple and yummy!

Thanks Elina!!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/1/13 10:26 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
I do basically the same recipe minus the sherry and mayo. I also don't blend it but put everything through a meat grinder, including any liquid accumulated from the cooking. I add a little chicken broth if it needs extra moisture for smoothness in texture.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/13 12:32 am

Traditionally, I too used to use the grinder.  The food processor is faster, but I too like the consistency from the grinder.  The cherry is a new (American) addition, and the mayo is rarely used.  Sometimes, for reasons I don't understand, the liver is drier than normal, that would be the only time I add a tablespoon of lite mayo. Sometimes, I also add a bit of garlic.  You can really play with the recipe.

sheranfour
on 3/2/13 9:02 am

I can't thank you enough Elina!

It was perfect!

I modified with 3 eggs and added 2 more hard boiled egg whites. I also tried a sml garlic clove too.

It is so good!! Only problem...it made so much!enlightened

I think I'm going to try to separate it out in portions and freeze it. My mom and sister would love it..but I won't see them until next weekend.

Thanks again!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/13 9:20 am

I am so glad you liked it!  I love it too. 

sheranfour
on 3/2/13 4:11 am

Thanks gals!

I'm home from the store...now I'm gonna try to make it and see how it goes.

I'll check back later and let you know

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 374 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 414 views