Pre op diet - Unjury

Rms928
on 3/3/13 9:21 am
VSG on 03/20/13

Tomorrow I start my 2 week pre op diet my doc wants me to go on.  It consist of two meals a day protein rich 200 calorie or less liquid, two snacks of either fruit or low calorie yogurt, and one meal of 4 oz of lean meat and a veggie.  I'm actually 17 days out from surgery but I'm anxious to get stared so tomorrow it is. 

I ordered the sampler box from Unjury and tried it today for the 1st time. I mixed the chocolate splendor with 8 oz of Silk Original Almond Milk Unsweetened. It was really very tasty. I hope this is a sign of good things to come.  I'm looking forward to starting my day off tomorrow with the strawberry!

M1-10 M2-31.4 M3-11 M4-16.8 M5-15 M6-10 M7-14 M8-9

JAlston
on 3/3/13 9:41 am
VSG on 12/07/12

Unjury Chicken soup is my favorite and I like Chocolate splendor as well. I mix it with warmed unsweetened almond coconut milk, yum! I also like Premier Protein Chocolate (ready to drink) those are 30 grams of protein. I have a bunch of the unjury unflavored but I dont like it and I also have the protein'd cheese and didnt care for it. I should probably try both again since tastes change, maybe I will like it now.

Good luck!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

horrible_monster
on 3/3/13 9:50 am
VSG on 02/27/13

I REALLY loved the Chocolate Splendor (with Silk original unsweetened too) but was unimpressed with vanilla and strawberry. I think the strawberry would've been better with really cold milk; my mistake was probably using insufficiently chilled water. The vanilla wasn't bad but at that point I was used to Jay Robb vanilla so Unjury tasted a little "different." We'll see how they taste once I'm allowed protein again late next week!

Good luck with your pre-op diet. I didn't find the experience too harrowing, but mine was only ten days. You can do it!

I have a basement but don't dwell in it full time.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 236 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views