first week of preop liquids...feeling blah...?

swizzlequeen
on 3/3/13 11:15 am

Tomorrow is end of week one of preop liquids -- with protein supplements, other fluids.

is it normal to feel kinda washed out, kinda blah? Maybe a bit weak?

I can't imagine going another week feeling like this, and then undergoing major surgery...then a week of clear liquids, then another week of "full" liquids (which I think means that I can mix my protein suppliement with milk/soymilk, which is what I am doing currently).

It just so happens that I am seeing my primary care physician early tommorrow morning so that she can write my medical clearance letter for surgery, so of course I will discuss with her then, but I also wanted your experience...

thx.

waterflowers2009
on 3/3/13 11:52 am

Hang in there, it will be all good.

You are doing greatenlightened.

I have my vertical on 3.14 and doing drinks now as well.

Just think of all the weight we will lose prior to the operation!

Sunshine Girl

Swiftkick00
on 3/3/13 12:09 pm

Can't tell a lie.......2 week pre op of nothing but liquids for me was awful......It did get better the 2nd week because I knew what to expect and I didn't feel so deprived.....popsicles was my saving grace.....Your down 1 week.....and this upcoming week will fly by, especially as you turn your thinking toward planning for surgery.....The liquid diet even after the surgery won't be that bad either as your distracted a bit by being in the hospital....at least I was......Keep it up.....It won't be too much longer!!

Good wishes

prettyinpinkrosy
on 3/3/13 12:50 pm - FL

Hang in there. I also did the 2 week pre-op liquid diet and just had surgery on monday. i lost 15 lbs too so it was a great feeling. Keep telling  yourself that this is the beginning of a whole new life for you.

MacMadame
on 3/3/13 1:11 pm - Northern, CA

This is why some people think the pre-op diet is a bad idea. Are you getting a lot of protein in your pre-op diet? It's supposed to help.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 357 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 404 views