hair help!!!!

autumnM.80
on 3/7/13 9:36 am - Johnson City , NY
Any help for hair loss?? Supplement? Biotin? HELP PLZ
Jls8877
on 3/7/13 9:41 am
Some will say biotin, others will say to increase your protein and others still may say just to cut it short.... My advice is that none of these really seem to make much difference
I am lucky that I have a lot of hair but for those who don't, maybe experiment with hats and other accessories. I thought I was done losing my hair b/c it really slowed down but I just broke a stall and noticed an increase in hair loss. Could be a coincidence????
Best wishes, sorry no real answer!
Amanda F.
on 3/7/13 9:58 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 01/10/13

Hair loss happens. Nothing you do will prevent it. Biotin can help promote RE-GROWTH, but keep in mind it will re-grow everywhere your body has hair.

Referral to Bariatric Program at TWH: 08/09/11     Orientation at TWH: 08/17/11                 Nurse Practitioner: 10/12/11
Social Worker: 12/02/11                                         Nutrition Class: 12/21/11                         Nutrition Assessment: 01/26/12
Psycho-Social Assessment: 05/31/12                      Meet Dr. Penner (TWH) 11/30/12            Pre-Admission: 12/10/12

Surgery Date: January 10, 2013
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

For more information on the Midtown Toronto Walking Club, please click here.

Kelly-AnneH
on 3/7/13 10:10 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I talked to my hairdresser and got some great tips. I have a short, layered cut, wash and condition with Nioxin, use a tiny amount of gel or "thickener" rubbed through towel dried hair, then blow dry upside down. A quick flick with my hairbrush and my hair is done for the day.

I bought something called "Great Hair Day" that helps my hair look thicker on the days I look in the mirror and see bald. The hairdresser suggested using an eyebrow pencil (tiny strokes) to fill in the thinnest areas. It works well and is certainly easier to find.

Now the bright side. My hair IS growing back in, and it's brown, not grey. Pretty cool.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

vacationlover
on 3/7/13 11:45 am

Nothing helped my hairloss, except going in and getting a haircut that looked more flattering with thin hair.  Long and stringy was not a good look.  Shorter and sportier actually looked a LOT nicer on me.

My nails started going to heck after surgery, and biotin seems to help them a little.

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

SuzyNZ
on 3/7/13 1:21 pm
VSG on 09/17/12

Nothing will stop it falling out.  It's already dead.

Taking Biotin or other supplements will help with regrowth, but won't stop the losses.

Mine started falling out at about 3 months.  Im now 6 months and its slowed way down.  I don't thing that that The last couple of weeks have really been much more than the normal amount people lose a day.  I have lost about 40-50% of my volume and I had very fine hair to start with.   I just wear it up more at the moment, so I can let it get a bit dirty for a few days which does help make it look thicker.  

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

AdeanaMarie
on 3/7/13 10:58 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Not much.  Sad, but true.  But getting your protein in and taking biotin helps regrowth.  I used Redkin Antisnap to help with combing through after washing it, not sure if it helped, but it smelled good and made my hair seem to look a bit fuller.  My hair is finally coming back in well after a year, a year exactly today.  It grows back. Not fun as it falls out, but it eventually stops and you almost forget about it after awhile.  Take heart, it will get better in time.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 352 views