XPOST - Ever Wonder What a Tummy Tuck Does for a T-SHIRT? PICS :)

smbergie200
on 3/13/13 11:07 am - Naples, FL

Just had to share some before and after pics with you after my Extended tummy tuck. I know some of you are just starting on your VSG Journeys or some haven't even begun, but its the before and after pics that gave me inspiration and the drive I needed to keep me focused on the prize throughout my journey. Be inspired and NEVER give up! Remember - I was once in YOUR shoes. Never in a Million Trillion Years did I ever think I would reclaim my health. I love you VSG!

One of my main frustrations with my body after I lost all the weight was the way I looked in a T-shirt. Yeah I could get an XL and drape it over my self and hide my tummy but thats no fun. I wasn't an Extra Large person anymore so why should I be doomed to still wear clothes that are too big for me. Im still only 35 days post op from my extended tummy tuck and still swollen, but am VERY pleased with the way I look in a T-Shirt now. And get this - Its a MEDIUM! I never thought in a million years I would ever be wearing a medium ANYTHING. Once I pack on a bit of muscle and a 6 pack I will be unstoppable with this shirt on. Watch out ladies. lol

$5,800 + Lots and Lots of Pain = Price for Extended Tummy Tuck. Looking Super in a Superman Medium T-Shirt = Priceless. :)

Before

After

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

AmberK
on 3/13/13 11:25 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

Glad you posted! It does give inspiration! You look AMAZING. So, whats the difference between a tt and and extended tt? 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

smbergie200
on 3/13/13 11:29 am - Naples, FL

An extended tummy tuck goes all the way around past your hip to your back. It removes the excess skin and love handles on the side also and even helps lift the butt a tad. Of course your trading a scar for no love handles, but I'll take it. Tummy tuck is just hip to hip.

AmberK
on 3/13/13 11:32 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

Ok thanks! I would trade that in a heart beat! Not like I will ever be walking around public naked! LOL    My 7th grade students would DYE.    Anyways, I would love to have this done but my husband does not think I could handle the pain.....I barley survived the VSG

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

sarapilar
on 3/13/13 12:10 pm, edited 3/13/13 12:10 pm
VSG on 02/21/13

Looks amazing!  By the way -- why were you in so much pain?  Couldn't you take good pain killers for pain?  Also - if you developed any complications or sernomas afterwards, would your surgeon take care of you and fix it, or would you have to pay him extra to fix medical problems after?  I ask since I am greatly considering going to your surgeon when I am ready!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

smbergie200
on 3/13/13 4:30 pm - Naples, FL

I wasn't in excruciating pain or anything - It is major surgery so there is pain though. Plus my drains tubes were in the back of me so I was kind of hard to get comfortable. Most of my pain was nerve pain in my legs surprisingly. Never hurt around incision and abdominal region felt like I did too many situps or something. and he gave me a script for painkillers which helped alot. I don't have a very high tolerance for pain so that didn't help me either. Yes my doctor would take care of any complications or seromas after word and fix it. Im pretty sure any fixes are free of charge. My aunt used him as a surgeon and had awesome results. He has an awesome personality and always answered my calls even after hours when I had to call the answering service for his office when my drains came out a little and needed them fixed. He had me come in next day on a saturday morning. 1000% awesome surgeon - I highly recommend him.  

SeaGirl
on 3/13/13 4:05 pm
VSG on 02/01/13

Wow - you look great!  And what an awesome post.  Thanks for sharing!

danigirl42
on 3/13/13 11:02 pm - PA
VSG on 01/02/13

I will definitely be exploring plastics next year!  Thanks for the updates - keep them coming!!!   

P.S. You look awesome!!

Ms Shell
on 3/14/13 12:37 am - Hawthorne, CA

You look amazing!!!

sealifesgood
on 3/14/13 2:07 am
VSG on 04/15/13

You look great.  I will now start my extended tummy tuck fund :) I had never heard on the extended tummy tuck before. Thank you for sharing :)

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 283 views