Prayers needed

Meagle1190
on 3/14/13 3:41 am

I had surgery on 2/20 and haven't felt "normal" since. A few days after I got out of the hospital I got a viral infection that put me back in the hospital for dehydration and sore throat. They put me on antibiotics and after a few days of those I started to feel "ok". It was probably the 5th day or so after antibiotics and I developed nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness, etc. I felt HORRIBLE! Since everything I drank went right through me I ended back up in the hospital for dehydration once again. The third day in the hospital I was STILL feeling horrible and had the same symptoms. My doctor decided to test me for CDiff. Later that night I got up to roam the hallways and my nurse yells and me and told me I couldn't come out of my room. Turns out I tested positive for cdiff. I was basically confined to my room and was in the hospital for 8 days. I was just released from the hospital 2 days ago and still feel horrible. I was to with flagyl at first (which made me really sick) so they switched me to vancomycin. I am on 3 yes THREE different anti nausea medications and I'm STILL experiencing nausea. I took a shower last night and was SO close to passing out. I had blurred vision,  lightheaded, and muffled sound. That was beyond the scariest thing ever.... I have NO idea how I managed to make it out of the shower and into the living room. I sat on the couch, laid my head back, and closed my eyes and eventually my hearing started returning to normal. I honestly think that my blood pressure bottomed out, or could have been a low sugar. I never wish to experience that EVER again. Needless to say I am still struggling to get anything in because I'm still nauseated..... 

I need all the prayers I can get ...

I wish I knew for sure it'll get better. Sigh.... I pray to god that this will be worth it one day. 

Miranda 

JerseyGirl_1213
on 3/14/13 4:01 am

Wow.  So sorry you're going through all of this!!  I will definitely be sending prayers and positive thoughts your way for a safe and speedy recovery!  Hope to see an update soon that says you're feeling much better!!  Take care....

Meagle1190
on 3/14/13 4:02 am
Thank you so much! I can't wait to feel better! It's long overdue. Thanks again for the prayers!
mysister2001
on 3/14/13 4:12 am

Please be very careful with the vancomycin it can cause severe irreversible kidney damage. Praying for you.

Meagle1190
on 3/14/13 4:20 am

Thanks. That was basically my only option since flagyl didn't work. Thanks for the prayers!! 

Miranda 

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/13 4:48 am - CO

I hope that all resolves very quickly for you. I know from researching prior to surgery that CDiff can occur after abdominal surgeries or hospital stays and is getting more antibiotic resistant. I have had a difficult recovery since surgery and was tested a couple times...I had other issues. Hang in there an easy recovery is not always available for all of us but with a good outlook and a lot of faith you will get there. Be patient with yourself and you will be on the road to a healthier life soon. Positive energy and prayers heading your way. Good Luck

Meagle1190
on 3/14/13 5:15 am

Sorry about all your issues :( you will be in my prayers as well. Thank you. 

danixbanani
on 3/14/13 5:27 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

prayers and well wishes are being sent your way.  I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through but I hope that it starts to get better soon.  Just focus on getting back to healthy and the rest will come easy.

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Zee Starrlite
on 3/14/13 5:38 am

Prayers being sent your way.  I truly believe that you will get better and begin to feel good.  Sometimes it's our journey for no reasonable explanation.  you will get through it and come out gold.

All Best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

jenn227
on 3/14/13 5:54 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Oh, no, I'm so sorry this is what you have had to go through!  Hope you feel better really soon!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views