I have a date!!!!

lisa06810
on 3/16/13 1:10 pm - NH
Revision on 04/12/14 with

It has been such a long time since I started my journey to get rid of my lap band. Issues with hospitals, insurance, insurance, timing, insurance, LOL.  I finally have a date. I will hopefully be getting my sleeve on 4/9.   Last hurdle will be getting insurance to cover the revision from crap band to sleeve. The hospital team does not think it will be a problem. I think iv'e asked them at least 12 times if they think I'll be covered, and they keep telling me that with my bmi and comorbidities, and their experience with Anthem it will not be a problem, so I am waiting for my approval letter. If that goes well, then in less than 1 month I'll finally be getting my sleeve. I know I'll regret saying this, but I can't wait to start preop diet!   

SandyRi
on 3/16/13 6:42 pm - WA
VSG on 03/04/13
Good for you!! I am almost 2 weeks post op and am so excited to have HOPE! You can always get a head start...low carbs, no soda or cafeeine...it will allow you to be proactive and help when the official pre op diet is in play...which isnt too long from now! Yippee!!

Surgery date:  03/04/2013

mcraedublin
on 3/16/13 11:48 pm - GA
I wish all the luck!!!! I have BCBS Anthem and have not been submitted yet. I am scared they won't approve. My BMI is 55 and my doctor says it will be approved because of that and my comorbidities. I pray so and will add you to my prayer list.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views