Please tell me about your vsg experience?

angmarrospro
on 3/17/13 7:50 am - st.joachim, Canada
VSG on 04/23/13

Hi, I just wanted to know if anyone wanted to share their own story of getting your vsg. I haven't got mine yet. I am scheduled in for April 23. I am so excited as this is the first thing I've ever really done for myself. I always care for others instead, lol. I'm currently 215 pounds standing at 5'3" I'm 30 years old and have so far lived a very rough life. Not that I am a bad person because it is quite opposite bad things just seam to happen to me. I always thought that if I was a good peron, kind giving, ect that good things would happen but apparently that is not how life works. It is what it is, is what I say lol. I have lost over 100 pounds when I was 18 (267-155) and kept it off until I had the 4 most wonderful children in the world within 4 1/2 years, I ballooned up to 275 which was an all time high. Then 2 years ago a couple months after I had my forth baby I went down to 185. I honestly thought all I would need was the gastric balloon for the 6 months then I'd be good. That was short lived. I realized that I do need a forever tool to help me. I need this for myself as well as my remaining children. My oldest daughter used to tell me when I was gaining weight and she always inspired me to eat healthier, she also used to tell me I was beautiful like an angel, I never even knew where she had got that, she was only six, she would have been 7 this past jan. It's funny, I taught all of them to make good food choices yet I didn't do them. I want to make my children and myself proud. The 2 in heaven and the 2 on earth. After the accident I need an extra tool to help me and then maybe for the first time in my life I won't have the fat no energy yucky body stresses and I can focus the all of the other stresses of life. Take care everyone thank you for reading a glimpse of my story I would love to hear yours.

Ihearttennis
on 3/17/13 9:00 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

It sounds like it is definitely time for you to do something for yourself, and boy do you deserve it! Your post made me tear up just thinking about your own little angel in heaven thinking you looked like an angel yourself.  You have certainly experienced a lot of tragedy in your life and you are an inspiration to me that you are going to take control, move forward and make positive changes for yourself and your family.  As for me, I am waiting to book a surgery date. I am looking forward to a permanent tool to help me lose the weight and keep it off. I am looking forward to feeling and looking better!  Keep us posted on your progress. I'm cheering for you!

Lisa1023
on 3/17/13 9:11 am
VSG on 03/05/13

So sorry for the loss of your children, what a devastating accident, I can't even imagine.  Yes, time to do something for yourself, WLS or otherwise...

HW  383     SW  371    CW   234     

JerseyGirl_1213
on 3/17/13 9:39 am

I just wanted to tell you how sorry I was to read about the loss of your children.  I cannot even begin to imagine the sorrow you've experienced.  And it definitely puts all the "little things" we complain and worry about into perspective.  I am glad you are doing this "for yourself" as you said.  You deserve to be happy and healthy.  Good luck to you on your journey.

Sasny
on 3/17/13 11:27 am
VSG on 03/20/12

Hi

I'm very sorry about the loss of your children.  It's great you are taking steps to do something for yourself.  As an older mom to two young toddlers I wanted to make sure I got healthy for them and myself.  This week will be one year for me from surgery.  I couldn't be happier.  I love my sleeve and have been so pleased with the changes.  It sounds like you are a great dieter - I have a feeling a tool like this will work well for you.  I wrote a number of posts about my experience the first few months out.  If you search my profile name Sasny in the search box you will be able to find my posts.  Good luck!

stephanie

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/13 3:53 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Oh my dear bless your heart and soul. I am in tears right now. Bless your little angels in heaven and your babies that are still here. I am rooting for you with all my heart to be healthy and happy!! I am so sorry for what you've been through. I hope you have some happiness and peace in your life and can lose the weight you need to be healthy.

My VSG experience has been sensational. I have lost beyond my excess weight. I feel good in my skin and in my clothes. I feel happier and less worried about what everyone else thinks about me. I am not worrying about if everyone thinks I'm fat or look sloppy in my baggy clothes. I used to wear baggy clothes a lot because of my weight. Not anymore. My diabetes is in remission and things are looking up.

Christine Heusinger
on 3/18/13 3:34 am - GA

I was sleeved on 12/6/12. I stayed in the hospital one night and I was in real pain for about 3 days. It hurt really bad when I was getting IN or OUT of bed. Not so much any other time.

After about the 3rd or 4th day I realized it didn't hurt so much and by day 5 I was good!  On day 3 I walked around the mall, slowly but walking. By day 6 I was back at the fitness center and walking on the treadmill.

I never had gas pains or nausea.

I wish I had done this a long time ago!!

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

angmarrospro
on 3/21/13 8:18 am - st.joachim, Canada
VSG on 04/23/13

Thank you for your replies, I cannot wait to start my journey next month, take care

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 286 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 337 views