6 weeks post op today - 27 pounds down

deemyers
on 3/19/13 2:59 am
VSG on 02/05/13

I am chugging along, although honestly I feel like a failure because I have lost "only 27" pounds since surgery. I realize I need to kick up the exercise a notch, but honestly, I am working 14 hour work days and I am exhausted - all the time. How do I get exercise in when I am so tired?! I am meeting my protein goals, taking all my vitamins and b12 and trying to stay active. What am I doing wrong?

Lauralynn
on 3/19/13 3:32 am - FL
I know how you feel! I am 7 weeks out and have only lost 29 pounds. ( from my highest weight) only 22 since surgery . I really am not ratings much at all but like you I haven't really been exercising. I am more active then I was but I know that I need to get exercising. But i have a injured foot and it hurts when I walk. I know I should be happy that the scale is moving down , not up, like it has been for years before my sleeve. But like you I am bummed at the slow weight loss.
I don't think we are doing anything wrong, just different people react differently. I think we need to keep our eyes on the future. I bet even if it takes more time, this time next year we will be wondering what we were ever worried about.
Deckeriv
on 3/19/13 3:38 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Sounds like both of you are doing fine. Don't fret. It will all come off eventually.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

zra
on 3/19/13 3:40 am
VSG on 02/06/13 with

I'm right there with you--six weeks tomorrow and 28 pounds lost. I've been meeting my water and protein goals and doing 30 minutes on the treadmill everyday. I'm between 600-800 calories, below 40 carbs and over 80g of protein, just like everyone recommends. So, I'm just coming to accept that maybe I'm going to be a slow loser. But, you know what? It doesn't matter. This is for life and these are the healthy choices I'm going to make every day. 

HW: 363  SW: 340  

shrinking_sarah
on 3/19/13 3:52 am - CA

Right around 6 weeks is when my energy finally picked up.  I'm not sure if that's "average," but it will come back.  I'd just do what you're doing for now, exercise if/when you can.  Just go for walks, maybe mid-day at work to get a break if nothing else. 

Ugh.  I hope your days get shorter soon!

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

dunlopfish
on 3/19/13 7:00 am

I am six weeks yesterday down 26 lbs.  at my check up the dr was happy. He said I should be between 18 and 30 lbs.

Keep up the good work

Machelle.K
on 3/19/13 9:35 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

I think your weight loss is awesome, who would normally loses 27 pounds that quickly. Of course exercise is critical to more success. I personally believe you have to invest in yourself first in order to give to others. I have a very early morning job and long hours, but I come home and exercise for 60 minutes 5 of the 7 days in a week. Everyone needs permission for time off for good behavior. Once you have a schedule in place stick to it and you'll see more toning and weight loss.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 206 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 290 views