Recovery / Nurse / question ?

Tenacious88
on 3/20/13 12:38 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi,

Question,

For people that live alone, will the insurance companies pay for a part

time nurse for the first few days after surgery ? Sometimes after surgery some

patients are sent to a nursing home to recover for about ten days.

If anyone has information, on this subject could you please post.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

foolishgrrl_1
on 3/20/13 12:45 am
VSG on 03/11/13

I'm pretty sure it would depend on your specific insurance coverage regarding payment.  Going to a nursing home to recover is generally more for elderly and/or surgeries that render you immobile, but that is my very limited exposure to that type of setting.

Good luck with everything!

SophieNJ
on 3/20/13 12:52 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

is this your first real surgery?  It was mine, so i bought everything I thought i would need around ...but you know what, it was such a breeze for me, had I been alone, i would have been fine.  just be sure one or two close friends keep in touch with you, and drop by if possible.  maybe one can stay over with you, just to ease your mind.  it's not as bad as i thought it would be :) good luck.

butterfly3851
on 3/20/13 12:56 am - TX

The recovery isn't bad for most people - the day after I got home from the hospital - my husband went to work - I was home alone and just taking Tylenol not even the prescription pain meds.  I was sipping the Isopure and walking around the house every hour.  No problems being by myself at all.  But I had no complications.  I was sore but had no problems getting up and down.  

I do know insurance companies pay for skilled nursing facilities for hip & knee replacements but this is nothing like that.

Good luck to you!

CincySlvd
on 3/20/13 1:02 am - OH
VSG on 04/24/12

Everyone is different.  It was my first surgery.  The only worry is getting home and making sure you have enough fluids, food, etc so you don't have to go out for a few days (at least until you get off the pain meds).

Once I got home I was feeling good pretty fast and didn't need help with much of anything.

Ms Shell
on 3/20/13 1:23 am - Hawthorne, CA

I live alone and had my surgery on Monday and was released to home on Wednesday.  I had already prepared my house for what I needed post op so I was fine.  

Ms Shell

mickeymantle
on 3/20/13 1:55 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

make shore everything gets done before surgery that needs bending or lifting ,laundry, shopping , keep a water bottle on your night table , near any chairs you normally sit in , arrange you refrigerator so you can get to the stuff you need to get to easierly,

see if you can get all your prescriptions filled before you have the surgery most doctors will give them to you ahead of time

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Tenacious88
on 3/20/13 2:06 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi: Thank you all, for your info.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 437 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 457 views