Question on swollen feet / ankles.

Tenacious88
on 3/29/13 5:58 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi: Question on swollen feet / ankles.

My feet and ankles are swollen and painful during the day, when I get up in the

morning the swelling is down. I take water pills, sometimes they help but other

times not. I have diabetes and high blood pressure, I also take medications for these

conditions.

Question: After  ( VSG ) does the swelling go down or clear up all together ?

If anyone has experienced this situation, would you please share.

88 Thank You.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

stephanieplum
on 3/29/13 6:45 am
VSG on 06/27/12

My surgeon took me off my blood pressure meds the day after my surgery and I haven't taken them since.  The swelling in my feet, ankles,  knees and legs have gone away.  I'm wishing you the same.  

butterfly3851
on 3/29/13 7:15 am - TX

My husband normally has swelling in his legs - wears support hose every day.  He had surgery almost two weeks ago and is off of his half of his meds for diabetes and high blood pressure - no more diuretic - within the first week.  The swelling is much better already - he is still wearing the support hose. 

Good luck to you!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/29/13 8:25 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Off of metformin since a few days before surgery and my feet, ankles and legs are definitely much less swollen than before although not completely gone yet. Am weening myself off of blood pressure meds. Can't wait to be off of those!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Tenacious88
on 3/29/13 9:54 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi: Thanks for you replies, they were all very helpful. I'm having surgery in June, please keep me in your prayers.

Wishing you the best, today and always.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

mokee
on 3/30/13 8:05 am - OH

Good news.   For some reason I lost the first 30 lbs in my feet and legs.   I used to have swelling all the time and after 30 lbs never again.   I am 59 lbs down and my feet ankles and legs are smaller than I can ever remember.  I have lost weight elsewhere but not as much as in my lower extremities.   Weird because my legs and hips have always been the biggest part of me.   I am still on blood pressure medicine and insulin ( through a lot less) .  I still have 60 more lbs to loose but I am slowly trudging along.  No more water pills for me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 438 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views